Chapter 10. Last chance

Liara's pov

"10" he answered in a raspy voice. I moved his hand, pressing it closer to my throat so that it cut into my skin. I ignored the pain.

"Do it. . I'm just another one of your pawns anyways. ." I said, my voice shaky. I felt the knife going deeper, a stream of blood trickling down.
Then I felt the knife get pulled away. Jeff wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me forward into his embrace. I let my arms hang to the side. Oddly, I cherished his touch. My heart thumped against my chest and I knew that Jeff felt it.
I wiggled, desperately trying to escape his addictive hold. Jeff held onto me tightly, so tight that it hurt the parts of me that were bleeding.
"He placed his head on my shoulder, and I melted into his arms.
Why was I so naive.. Why did he make me feel this way. Why was it whenever I was around Jeff, my life would lose its worth and I would be willing to give it freely. Why did he make the pain dumb. .

"Shh. ." Jeff said in a hushed tone, not letting me go.

"Why didn't you kill me, again. .?" I asked, knowing he wasn't going to ever give me a specific answer but decided to ask anyways.

"Because your my last chance. ." He answered.

________________________________________________
I'm Sorry for the short chapter. :c I'll have the next one up very soon and it will be longer. Thank you all who have been reading and voting. I really appreciate it. You guys are awesome<3

Love, Alice xoxo