Chapter 18. Stay awake.

Jeff's pov

The room was disturbingly familiar, Jane's basement. It was the same steep stairs and dark walls that closed in on you. I heard a woman's voice coming from the bottom of the stairs.  

Rushing down, I entered the darkness. The room smelled like blood and rust, the blood belonging to Liara.  

Looking closer, I was able to make out Jane's silhouette, and another body that resembled Liara's.  

Jane stepped out and faced me. "Jefff." She sang. "I knew you'd come."

"What the hell Jane."

"You're kind of late that I actually thought you wouldn't come. Then Liara would have to believe me." She chuckled quietly. I heard a muffled noise coming from the back.

"What did you do to Liara!" My voice held a low rumble.

"I can see why you like her so much. She's fun to toy with." Jane walked over to a wall and flicked the lights on.

Liara was chained to the wall, covered in stains of her own blood. Her wrists tied with rope, legs with faded red marks of blood that had seeped through her tattered garments. Underneath her, a pool of red liquid was spreading. Most of all was the look her eyes shone; emptiness.

Jane stepped forward, delivering a punch to Liara's stomach and making her cringe. "Stop!" I growled.

"Oh I thought you liked this, Jeff. Don't you love this? Doesn't her pain give you fuel?" Jane teased, ripping out her knife and tearing Liara in another quick swipe. She was swift. Too quick. Liara screamed and Jane turned to me, laughing. " 

Gritting my teeth, I stepped forward; wrapping my fingers around my kitchen knife. I advanced towards Jane and attacked. She countered my attack with her own weapon and flashed me a sweet twisted smile. 

Before I made my second move, her knife slid across my leg in one quick impact. She kneed me and I fell forward.  

Jane gorged Liara's shoulder. A shriek was heard, it was all I could hear.  

"Listen closely Jeff. Don't you love hearing her cry? I can make her scream louder than you." Jane ripped her knife out of Liara's shoulder, I crawled towards them on the ground. Grabbing Jane's heel, I pulled, making her slid onto the ground.  

I took the chance and pierced my knife into her hand, holding it down before I flipped her backwards and crushed her arm with a loud cracking sound. She screamed and shot me a glare. Using her free arm, Jane pressed her knife into my back before she released.  

I pushed myself upwards and ripped the chains that Liara was bounded to. I caught her in midair before she fell to the ground limply. 

"Liaraa! Can you hear me!." I shouted at her.  

Her eyes were open, eyelids threatening to closeup. She looked at me blankly.  

"Don't do this to me.! Don't"

"Don't go to sleep.. you'll never wake up." Jane chanted from behind me, and sprinted up the stairs; disappearing.Before I had time to chase her she was out of sight.  

I placed my hand under Liara's head and gently pushed her to sit up.  

"Liara.." I picked up her hand. She was weaker than ever. She gave me an upsetting look.

"J-jeff..you c-came.." Her voice was barely above a whisper. I held her hand tighter.

"Yeah, I'm not going to leave you.."

"I-I'm s-soryu" jumbled words was all she was able to say, barely audible.

"No its not your fault." I whispered. Her fingers twitched and I pressed her closer to me. She looked at me, her expression tiring, and gave a small painful smile.

"J-Jeff.."

"Yea?!"

"R-Remember the t-time y-you t-took me t-to the garden..? Well..I-It was beautiful." I smiled at her, wondering why she'd bring that up at a time like this. Seeing her like this killed me. "W-Well, if I d-die..I'd r-rather go there than heaven or h-hell.." she coughed up blood. "If I could b-be t-there forever.. I'll b-be satisfied."

"No. Liara, you're going to be okay. I won't let you die." If I were able to, I would have shed tears.

"S-shh.." she cooed. "It's okay, Jeff.....I-" Before she could finish, Liara coughed up more blood.

Her eyes were closing, her hands slipping out of my hold and falling limp.  

"Stay awake! You have to stay awake." I yelled, shaking her shoulders gently.  

The pool of blood underneath her was increasing. I haven't even noticed until my fingers were sticky from the liquid. Liara's eyes slowly closed shut and her whole body fell limp. 

I slid my arm under her legs and scooped her up.  

Picking her up gave the exact feeling of holding a ragdoll, dead and lifeless.  

Maybe she was still with me. Maybe.

I looked down at her face. We had left the cabin and were now outside, underneath a tree. She was in my arms. "Liara.." I leaned down and kissed her softly. "Please stay with me a little while longer.."

_________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating and keeping you guys waiting. I've been having some personal issues >->  

Anyways, thanks for being such lovely readers. Remember I love all my wonderful fans! C: 

Love, Alice xoxo