Chapter 3. Don't go to sleep yet.

Liara's pov

The following week, I had seen no signs of Jeff. I left the window open and everytime the wind blew my door open, I came to the conclusion that it was him. But no, I was alone. I often told myself, Jeff is a killer. He doesn't care for you. The only thing that excites him is your bloodshed.  

The dark shadows in my bedroom danced in its silhouettes, circling my bed and frolicking in the wallpaper of my room. I went through sleepless nights, as always.  

Another week passed.  

It was night. Midnight to be exact. The door creaked open and I saw out a shadow of a figure. Jeff's figure. Memories of that night flooded back within mere seconds once I saw his familiar blood soaked hoodie. The smell almost made me gag. It was strong. Too strong. Jeff traced the corners of my bedroom was he drew closer. In his left hand he held the same dagger he once had. I wanted to move, but my body disobeyed. I was frozen; and numb. Something seemed off about Jeff. The way his eyes watched me was different. He looked at me like a lion ready to kill its prey. The closer Jeff came; the more visible his weapon. He was right besides me when he lifted the knife and on a rush, he swiped. I rolled off the bed, landing with a loud thud onto his feet. Then I crawled under the bed. I watched his feet turn and circle my hiding spot, waiting to strike. I breathed heavily. Jeff slowed his pace until he stopped. I exhaled, blinking. In a flash he was gone. Silence echoed through the walls. Then I felt cold fingers wrap around my ankle as I was dragged out from under the bed in an instant. He pulled me up, gripping my throat and lifting me up. I looked into his eyes. "Don't be afraid." I thought. He pressed his knife against my cheek. There was a sharp pinch as he made a cut. Then another on my chest; and more I lost count of. My vision slowly began to blur as I listened to the dripping sound of my blood on the floor. Drip. Drip. Drip. 

My body ached. Then I remembered something; this was the nightmare that I kept having before, except this was real. I felt the his grasp on my throat tighten. Jeff tilted me back. "Don't go to sleep yet."