Chapter 1. The day a killer spared my life

6 months later. 

Liara's pov

The autumn leaves rustled in the wind, the air was getting colder by the day. I closed my eyes and inhaled the breeze. It gave me a tingly sensation that was quite satisfying. The neighborhood was silent. No children were seen playing outside, no commotion at all. I've always known this neighborhood was a quiet one. Six months had already flown by since I moved here.  

I can still remember that night as if it were yesterday. The day I saw him. More importantly, the day he; a killer spared my life. I wondered if I'd ever see him again. The face so frightening it sent shivers down my spine every time I thought of him. Yet I enjoyed every one of those thoughts of him. He visited me in my dreams. I would always die in the end, then he would always whisper to me those words. His voice was dark; a bit husky.  

After that night, our neighbors were found murdered. A week later dad died. His body was found in the bathroom. His eyes were gorged,face ripped off and covered in his own blood splatters. I knew he did it. I hated him for it, but another part of me yearned to see him. I dont know whats wrong with me.  

Mom made us move after this incident. She couldnt bare to lose anyone else.

I found myself staring at the ground as I retraced my steps back home. As I was walking I felt the presence of something behind me. When I turned around, there was nothing. I continued walking and the sun was slowly setting. It was getting dark. There were footsteps behind me. I looked over my shoulder. Nothing. I turned around, looking down the street. "I must be going mad." I thought.  

"Hm. Perhaps.." someone said. I turned back to see him standing infront of me. Everything I recalled was the same. Still the blood stained hoodie; freshly splattered blood, black jeans,and haunting face. Only this time he had his hoodie up.  

"You never told me your name.." I said, barely audible. 

"Im Jeff." 

"Oh. I'm L-" he cut me off before I finished giving my name. "Liara. I know." He finished. "I've been following you since that night."  

I wished he would have shown himself sooner. Though one part of me resented him, the other was glad to see him. Jeff watched me. I let my eyes meet his. "Why didn't you kill me? I know you thirst for blood and murder.." I found myself asking him the question I kind of dreaded. I immediately bit my tounge, punishing myself for being too straight forward. 

"I didn't kill you..because I couldnt. I wanted to.. but your different than most of my victims. You sparked my interest,somewhat." He answered. "I still had the urge to kill..that's why I killed your dad." 

His words felt like a knife piercing through my chest. "It was you! I hate you.." I said through gritted teeth. Jeff only smirked, taking my wrist and pulling me close to him. He wrapped his arm around my waist, using his other hand to pull my arm up. He scratched my arm, drawing a little bit of blood. "You don't have to lie to yourself, Liara." He licked the blood off my arm as I closed my eyes. When I opened them, he was gone. And at that moment, I hated Jeff.

I was alone in the dark as I walked home. The house was empty when I came in. Mom wasn't home, again. Alex was at his friends house. Most likely sleeping over. I went up the stairs to my room, closing the door behind me. Jeff was sitting on my bed. I felt my stomach churn. "What are you doing here?" I asked. Jeff gave me a what-do-you-mean-what-am-I-doing-here look. "I'm always here Liara.. well, only when I feel like watching you sleep. Your interesting to listen to in your sleep, you know that?" He stepped up. "If you were always here, then why did you choose today to finally speak to me?"  

Jeff shrugged. "What, were you anxious to see me?" His smile grew wider.  

"N-no." I frowned, biting my bottom lip so hard it started bleeding. Jeff edged closer to me, then he wrapped his arms around me. My legs felt like two noodles when he tilted me back over the bed. Leaning down; hovering over my body, he licked my lips. "You know, your the first human I didn't kill..yet" he mumbled, his last word going into a whisper that was barely audible. He pulled me in closer till I was against him. I scowled as I stared into his empty eyes, until a noise interrupted us. The front door opened and slammed close. My brother Alex was home. Within a second I was lying on my bed, looking up at the ceiling dazed. Heavy wind blew in through the window that had been left opened.

[Okay end of chapter 1. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. Please comment and vote! THANKS SO MUCH<3]