Chapter 17. Eat my heart out

Liara's pov.

I opened my eyes to see an old dusty basement. The ceiling and wallpaper were both decorated with rips and tears. The room was dark and had no light except for a small lamp on a desk.  

It held a damp and musky scent. The familiar sickly sweet smell remained. 

My hands were bound behind my back, arms tied with thick rope to a steel chair.  

Whenever I tried to move I was met with a horrible stinging pain on my wrists. My ankles were tied to the feet of the chair.  

A cloth was tied around my mouth, and I was only able to let out muffled screams.

A woman walked out of the shadows. She had sleek black hair, a black hoodie with matching jeans, and black boots. The only thing that pulled her apart from being a normal woman was her black eyes. Her sockets were black, and missing pupils, or eyes.

"I see your awake." She said in a singsong voice. I squirmed in my seat, letting out muffled cries. She walked over, flashing me a smile. Lifting her hand to my face, she stroked my cheek with her finger. "What a pretty face you've got."

I glared at her. The woman reached into her hoodie and pulled out some type of tool with a sharp point. She slid it against my cheek, creating a cut. I flinched. "Before I start, I must have a talk with you." Her face grew serious. Removing the cloth in my mouth, she leaned in.  

"Do you know who I am?" I gave no answer. "Oh? That little bastard Jeff haven't told you about me yet?" Her voice sounded slightly disappointed. "Well I thought you should know this. Jeff doesn't care about anyone. He isn't capable of feeling. He is a killer after all."

"How do you know this?"

"It's only a matter of time before he gets tired of you; his toy. He sees life as a game, one in which he must win. Darling He's already eating your heart out, even if you don't know it."

"But.."

"Trust me, I know this. You're not the only one who he's toyed with." She said. "He was going to kill you anyways, dying here will be easier." The sick feeling swirling in the bottom of my stomach was getting stronger.  

The woman lifted her weapon again and soon my leg was decorated with bloody gashes. I struggled but it proved to be no use. A small pool of blood was starting to form beneath me as my vision was slowly blurring. I was too tired to resist, so I stopped.

She was humming a tune, while she placed her tools on the counter. I thought about Jeff. What the woman said was most likely true, but I didn't want to believe it. Even though my mind had warned me several times; through numerous prospects. I always looked past them.  

I hadn't a clue what exactly I was seeking. Maybe I was just too gullible. Yes. That's it.  

Jeff wasn't coming. He left me. Maybe it would be better to die here, maybe.

The woman untied my hands, then legs along with the rest of my body. Red rope lines were visible on my bare skin, bleeding through my clothes as well. She grasped my wrist and dragged me across the room, chaining me to the wall. My two wrists were tied together and chained to the ceiling, legs free but limp. The only thing that was tied up was my hands. I was a ragdoll, hanging there free to toy with for anyone however they pleased.

"So, Jeff's love-"

"I'm not his lover!"

"Hm. Looks like you still have lots of energy." She lifted my chin up. "How in hell did Jeff manage to score a girl beautiful as you." A giggle escaped from her mouth as she pulled her hand away.

"There's nothing between me and Jeff.." The woman frowned at me.

"You don't have to lie to me sweetheart. I can see what you think of him."

".."

"You constantly think of him, yet you'll try to deny it, even to yourself. He makes your heart beat faster than anything, but you'll attempt to hide it. You're willing to do anything for him; to the point where you'll be willing to sell your god forsaken soul. What you're unsure about, if his love for you, so you'll tell yourself you don't care for him. Don't lie to yourself. You're in love with him, darling." Her voice was sweet, and the truth in her words sickened me. It was true, all that she said. I was lovesick; head over heels in love and I couldn't help it.

"What's your point.."

"Nothing. I just wanted you to know that your love for him is a total waste."

"Love is never a waste."  

"That's sweet. So sweet. You actually think- Love can't save you. Love is a curse, and your damned." She let out a laugh and slid her palm across my stomach; my blood staining her skin in an instant. Smearing my blood onto the walls, she dragged her hands against the wallpaper; humming a tune that sounded like a melody released from a haunted music box. It made me shiver.

The words she had said echoed through my head; mocking me with every sentence. Maybe she was right. Maybe I did have nothing, and was damned. It wasn't like I wasn't before.

_______________________________________________

Sorry if the chapter isn't as long as you guys wanted. :c 

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment. 

Love, Alice xoxo