Epilogue [Ever, Ever After]

• Dedicated to this if for you... you... you... and especially YOU! =)

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

Shout out to @molzar13 for fan art at the sidE! =)

[[[UNEDITED]]] =)

Epilogue: 

Can anyone truly die of happiness? If so, then Elise was treading on dangerous grounds.

To say that she was beyond happy would be an understatement, and vast one at that. Leonidas wasn’t that far behind, either. He was almost always smiling, or sporting a huge grin, since his birthday.

No one could blame them. They were all happy as well; maybe not as happy as the two, but somewhat close.

“What are you thinking?” Leonidas asked Elise one night, a week after their engagement was announced.

“I’m not really thinking of just one thing, so it’s hard to say,” Elise responded with a bright smile.

“Hmm.”

The two were on Liam and Penelope’s ranch, enjoying the tranquility of the evening’s setting sun. Sitting on the swing, next to the front porch, they were allowed the view of the sunset right behind the spot where Leonidas had proposed to her.

“Hmm?” Elise questioned, snuggled up to side, with his arm around her shoulders.

“Just ‘hmm’ nothing else,” Leonidas smiled, “And I was thinking that if I hadn’t set up a fake account and sent you a request to chat, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation now would we?”

Elise didn’t respond verbally, she just chuckled softly and buried her face in his neck to suppress a small laugh that bubbled through her.

No words were needed between the two now; all that was necessary to say, was said already. All that was left now was the happily ever after part. So far, they were on that direct path. That is, if they could survive the wedding plans.

There were so many details to go over before the big day, and though it was almost a whole year away, the plans were already starting to become hectic. Hence the reason they had escaped to the ranch. Liam and Penelope didn’t seem to mind an impromptu visit, and welcomed the newly engaged couple to stay as long as they liked. An invitation the two were rather happy to accept, given that the place held so many precious memories for them. It was the place they declared their love, and the place they decided to spend the rest of their lives together.

But of course they could not hide there forever. For one, they were not yet married and two; they were needed at the palace to go over one detail concerning the wedding or something to that effect.

If this was only week one of wedding plans and they were already seeking shelter, they feared they might be in dire need of escape when it came down to the nitty gritty details. Vowing to take it one step at a time when they return home, Leonidas and Elise simply enjoyed being in each other’s company with the bauble of conversation flowing over them.

The sun had finally descended from the sky in a remarkable display of scarlet, and left the place in a darkness that was both peaceful and punctuated by the sounds of nature that went with being on a ranch.

“Ready to head back to reality?” Leonidas asked with a kiss to her forehead.

“I don’t think we have a choice, whether I want to or not.” Elise stretched, coming out of his side embrace.

“True,” Leonidas sighed and stood up, then turned to pull her up to stand in front of him. He didn’t kiss her, but he did stare at her as though she was the most precious thing in the world to him.