Chapter 8 [The Front Page Picture]

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

Chapter 8

Elise was in serious 'like.' Leonidas was definitely a charmer, and despite her battle to not fall for his charms, she was sinking very fast.

He listened to her and he respected her. ...Not to mention he was a great kisser and was the best looking guy she knew. And she just agreed to be his girlfriend. Her! ... This must be a dream.

He accompanied her home in the car, after their 'date.' And on the way, they made plans for him to meet her family, and for her to meet his family, and for her family to meet his family, BEFORE the Ball this Saturday. It was already Tuesday night. So tomorrow night he would be over for dinner to meet her mother and father, and Jared and Helena for sure. It was too short notice to know if Zane and Erik, her two older brothers would be able to attend off hand, but she would call them tomorrow morning to find out.

She would meet his parents, the King and Queen (gulp!), and his two younger siblings, Ariel and Stefanos, (double gulp!) on Thursday afternoon, for drinks. Leonidas' grandfather was coming in on Thursday night and they needed to attend to him, so there was no time for dinner. Not that she minded, she doubted she’d be able to eat a single bite in their presence.

She would meet His Royal Elder on Friday when her family came to the palace to meet the younger Prince and Princess, King and Queen and the Royal Elders (triple gulp!).

"Don't be too nervous. It's just like meeting your boyfriend's parents for the first time." He tried calming her, placing a kiss on the back of her hands. 

"Easy for you to say, my parents will like you," she pointed out.

"And mine will like you," he returned.

They arrived at her house; and Leonidas walked her to the door and gave her one last, lingering kiss before he left. Smiling she walked went into the house, closed the door and dropped back against it with a contended sigh, closing her eyes and remembering her night. 

The sound of someone clearing their throat pulled her out of her daze, and she was startled to see three pairs of eyes watching her intently. 

"Mom! Dad! Helena! You guys gave me a fright."

"Yeah, yeah... we can see that," Helena dismissed waving a hand, then pulling her into the living room. "So, spill!" Her sister ordered as she sat the both of them down on the sofa.

"There's nothing to spill. It was a normal date." Elise said, feeling slightly embarrassed to be interrogated by her family.

"Do all normal dates end with a hot make out session on the front porch?" Her mom asked, smiling.

"You were spying on me?" She shrieked, fully embarrassed now.

"Well duuuhhhh!" Her sister answered. "The Crown Prince asked you out to dinner and you were at the palace all this time. It's after 11, for crying out loud. That was one mighty long dinner if you ask me." 

"Well no one asked you, Helena," Her father told her.

"Dad, come on. Admit it; you want to know what happened also."

"Guys, please! I'll tell you. We had dinner and talked, and talked some more afterwards and he asked me to be his girlfriend--" 

Her sister started shrieking in excitement. "Oh My GOSH! OMG! OMG! You’re the Royal GIRLFRIEND!!!??"