Chapter 37 [Minor Details]

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

[[::-Unedited::-]]  =)

Chapter 37

The engagement ball was magical, and simply splendid. The entire kingdom, or at least a great majority, was happy for Leonidas and Elise. They all wanted to hear directly from the Royal Couple and not reports about them.

So the long awaited slash postponed interview would finally take place. Both of them had actually forgotten about the interview, which was weird, since it was Elise who had suggested it and Leonidas who told Thane about it in the first place. But they had other things on their minds, so Thane forgave them for not remembering. The important thing was that he remembered, and the interview would take place.

“Are you ready?” Thane asked Elise.

“I think so,” she answered a little shakily, but appeared to be fine.

Leonidas squeezed her shoulders, “It’ll be okay.”

She didn’t reply, she just shook her head. The three then made their way to the Queen’s day room, where the reporter had already set up shop and was waiting anxiously for them. There was only the reporter and her camera man in there when they entered the room and Elise was relieved that they didn’t have much of an audience.

Thane would remain in the room, but otherwise to that, it was just the two of them, the reporter and the camera guy. Making their greetings, the woman made no fuss in jumping right into the interview.

As soon as they were seated and comfortable, she asked them how they met.

Elise threw Leonidas a sly smile, and he reached for her hand beside him on the seat and gave it a little squeeze. They had discussed the basic questions already, and Thane was there to monitor any outlandish questions, like the betrothal issue they had had to deal with.

They considered stretching the truth a bit, about how they met, but in the end, they settled for the truth.

“Online,” Leonidas answered evenly, and watched as the reporter’s eyebrows rose with interest.

They could almost see the wheels turning in her head, and the smirk on her face was a definite clue that she thought she struck more than gold with landing this interview.

“Really?” She asked the pair.

“Yes,” Elise supplied, “We started chatting online- and no, I didn’t know who it was at first.”

“But you knew who you were talking to, your Highness?” She threw at Leonidas.

“After talking with her for a while, I became intrigued, so yes, I found out who she was.” Leonidas didn’t add that the ‘while’ lasted 15 minutes, but Thane’s knowing smirk told him that his friend was thinking about it.

“Made a good impression did she?”

“A very good one,” he smiled, and winked at Elise. He still had her hand in his, so it was quite a cute gesture; which the camera caught on tape.

“So this romance started online?” The reporter queried, eyeing their linked hands intently.

“It sort of bloomed online. Then it became more serious when we met,” Elise supplied.

“When did you know you were going to marry her?” The woman asked.

Elise chuckled a little at this. She was remembering their little talk in her living room that first afternoon. By Leonidas’ full out laugh, it was clear he was remembering too.