Chapter 27 [Bye, Bye Erland!]

• Dedicated to To all the members of the 'I Hate His Royal Elder Erland' Club =)

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

[[Shout Out]] To @orangecow2 for fan art/cover at the side! =) 

Chapter 27

Six o’ clock the next morning, the entire Royal Family was already up, and dressed.

The King had decided that it was time to get rid of Erland once and for all, and he was leaving within the hour. Accra was the most excited of anyone of them though. The smile on her face so bright, it almost seemed plastered on.

“Grandmother, it is barely six in the morning, you can’t seriously be considering drinking champagne so early?” Ariel asked Accra.

“It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, love,” Accra told her with a lift of the champagne bottle.

Ariel just smiled and left the issue alone.

“I’ll have some of that,” Stefanos said, taking the bottle from Accra and breaking the seal; the popping sound came and champagne froth seeped out the open mouth.

Accra clapped her hands gleefully, and held out her glass to get some.

“Want some, brother?” Stefanos asked Leonidas.

“What the heck, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right,” Leonidas decided taking a glass also.

Ariel was about to take a glass, when both her brothers stopped her with a shake of the head, and a restraining hand on hers.

“You’re too young,” Leonidas told her.

When she scoffed, Stefanos added, “And you never had any major dealings with Erland that would merit you drinking. Now the three of us, we have cause to drink.”

Leonidas shot his brother a bemused look, as they all very well knew that Stefanos avoided any Royal duty, especially those pertaining to Erland; so technically he didn’t have a cause to drink.

Ariel didn’t press the matter though, and just went to stand next to her grandmother by the balcony.

 Accra, Leonidas, Stefanos and Ariel were awaiting the King and Queen, who were seeing to Erland. The four of them were waiting on the back balcony, overlooking the gardens, (the same one which Thane had posed as Erland for the ball), and the waiting helicopter with the Royal Coat of Arms on it, that was there to take His Royal Evilness away.

“Started the party without me?” Thane asked when he approached them.

“We couldn’t help ourselves,” Accra said, “We’re too excited.”

“No worries, I’ll catch up,” Thane said, helping himself to a glass, just as the King and Queen walked out onto the balcony.

The Queen also had a bottle of champagne in her hand, and smiled at Accra, “Just in case we run out.”

“I have more chilling in my room, so I doubt we’ll run out, but more is always welcomed,” Accra smiled, signaling them closer, she took the bottle.

“Ah, Krug Clos d’Ambonnay 1995, fine label, and a mighty fine choice, Queen Lucilla,” Accra said, examining the label.

“Is it near time for him to leave, yet?” Stefanos asked his parents.

“Just about,” King Grisham confirmed.

Accra walked up to her son, champagne bottle still in hand, “Tell me son, how did he take it?”