Chapter 18 [The Ball: Part 2]

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

A/N: I chose an actor for Thane… Robert Buckley … his eyes aren’t blue, but everything else is pure Thane! *sigh*

Hope u enjoy:

Chapter 18

Catie was on 'Erland Duty'. The Queen's plan sounded complicated enough, but The King and Queen would deal with the fine details, all Catie had to do was lead him down a particular hallway. Easy, right? Hell no! Especially when His Royal Elder scared the bejesus out of her.

She was pacing the hall way, when a pair of arms grabbed her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" she shouted to the unknown owner of the arms; as she tried to pry open his hold.

"Stop struggling, you insolent girl! I'll drag you to the ball, if I have to. How dare you run away from me?" His Royal Elder shrieked.  

Catie stopped struggling in his grasp, and tried to slow the rapid beating of her pulse. Ok, Erland found her, just like the Queen said he should. Now what? For the life of her, Catie couldn't remember what to do, especially with the menacing Royal Elder glaring down at her.

"Do you have any idea how much time I wasted trying to get in here to search for you?" His Royal Elder snarled, "We have to go to the ball now, we cannot afford any more time to be wasted."

As Erland hurried her to the opposite side of the hallway she had to lead him to, Catie panicked. What the hell are you panicking for? You're a black belt! Karate his ass! She couldn't argue with her subconscious. But he was a Royal Elder! Thus, a member of the Royal family and though the Queen did say to get him there by any means necessary, she doubted she meant by causing physical harm. But--

"And look at how you're dressed! Damn pants! Don't you know how to dress properly?" Erland asked disgustedly, bringing her out of her internal debate. 

Oh NO! He didn't! No one insulted her fashion sense, especially the jeans! Elbowing him in the ribs, then kicking him in the shin, Catie debated doing a power throw over her shoulders, but decided that was overkill, seeing as she still had to get him to the other end of the corridor.

As Erland stooped, rubbing his shin and the hurting ribs, Catie turned and ran.

"Come back here you ingrate!" He bellowed, limping to catch up with her.

She didn't stop, but she did slow down. She wasn't trying to escape, she wanted to lead him to the hallway, and she couldn't do that if he lost her.

Nearing the destination, she realised that it was a dead end corridor, but before she could panic, she saw Thane in the shadows, and stopped. When Erland came up to her, he attempted to grab her, but Thane was already there and just pushed him through a passageway, Catie didn't even notice, and locked it. The passage way closed and the wall paneling looked normal, as if it were a regular everyday wall. The only proof that someone was behind it was Erland's pounding on the panel, and his muttered insults at them. But everything sounded muffled, due to the thickness of the wall. 

"And these are designer jeans that were featured on the covers of numerous magazines, you Royal Pain in the Butt!" Catie couldn't help but shout at the wall Erland disappeared behind. She knew how to dress fashionably, thank you very much! 

Thane chuckled, "Something the matter with your jeans?"

"He insulted the jeans. No one insults the jeans. You insult the jeans, you get kicked in the face, got that?" She huffed and pointed a finger at him.