Chapter 19 [Doubts and Surprises]

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

[A/N: Wendy Crewson Pic at the side, as Queen Lucilla]

Chapter 19

Two hours after the ball, Elise was still awake. She was lying in her bed, eyes closed, yet sleep evaded her.

She wasn't in love. She kept that mantra in her head all the time, praying it was true. It was too soon. She liked him, but 'love' was pushing it. True, she's known him for two months, but she only, literally, met him a week ago. 6 days ago, to be exact. That's not enough time to fall in love, right?

Leonidas had said that his parents took years to fall in love, didn't he? Technically, he said they fell in love eventually, so that meant it had to be years, didn't it? Well, they couldn't have just fallen in love after 2 months of marriage. What about her parents? They went to college together, dated for a year before they fell in love. So two months was too little time to know a person and fall in love, especially when you only talked to that person online, and just recently met him face to face.

It was not plausible... It was not right... It didn't make sense, did it?

Sighing, she pushed off her covers, and sat up in the bed. I'm not in love. Am I? Thinking about this was giving her a headache.

Getting up, she began to pace between her bed and desk at the side of her room. Her room was small, but it suited her. The door from the hall way was adjacent to a small window on the other wall. Her bed was in the left hand corner; her desk was a few feet away from the foot of her bed, and her bookshelf by the wall beside the window. Her dresser, vanity and closet sat opposite on the right side.

Tired of pacing, but still not able to calm her mind down enough to escape into a deep slumber, Elise went to her computer, on the desk. Sitting there, she opened the browser, and her homepage showed details of the Royal Ball, specifically, pictures and speculations of Leonidas and her.

Curious to see what the reaction of the public was to her, she clicked on the link that marked, 'The Royal Girlfriend'.

Whoa. There were pictures of her talking to Princess Ariel, Helena and Tatiana. There were pictures of her and the Royal Family. Pictures of her standing. Pictures of her sitting. Pictures of her smiling. Pictures of her thinking, frowning, observing! There were a lot of pictures of her.

Almost afraid to look at the comments below, Elise sucked in a breath and braved the storm.

[A/N... words in bold and italics like that, are the comments she read, and each are separated by quotation marks, and are from different people. ]

'she looked pretty! =) loved her dress.'.

Elise released her breath, and sat up straighter in her chair. OK, that one wasn't so bad. She began strolling down to browse through a few more, and realised that they were a lot of comments. Of course, some were repeats from one person, but aside from those, they were many more.

Considering it was after two in the morning, and the ball was only two hours ago, she was impressed; and a little scared. If this was the number of comments now, how many more would there be later in the day? Not thinking about that, she returned to scanning the comments.

'a step up fr his usual girls. but stil hot as eva! >.< his Highness sure knos how 2 pick 'em.'

'hot hot HOTTTT'