Chapter 31 [3 words, 8 letters... 1 meaning]

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

Huge shout out to:  @SamRider for trailer ... =)

 ][UNEDITED][ ... plz ignore mistakes for now...will get them when editing =) thanks! ... I have to say tho, this is, by far, my fav chapter EVER... if I do say so myself! =) ... 

Chapter 31

Elise was just coming out of the bathroom and about to step into to her room, when she had the strangest feeling of euphoria rush through her. Putting the feeling towards her wonderful ice cream outing earlier that afternoon, she smiled softly, closed her bedroom door and headed over to her bed to get some rest. However, it seemed that the bed was already occupied.

The shriek she let out would have been able to rattle the foundation of the house if not for the hand that had quickly covered her mouth, muffling the sound.

“Sshh, you want your parents come charging in here?” The intruder asked.

She hadn’t bothered to put on the light upon entering the room, seeing as she was heading to bed anyways, but she didn’t need a light to know who the intruder was.

“I thought we promised our parents that you wouldn’t sneak in here anymore,” she whispered, moving the hand that covered her mouth.

“I believe, if memory serves right, that the promise was to never spend the night again, seeing as we said it’d never happen again; ‘It’ being sleeping over. Ergo, we are not breaking any rules,” Leonidas assure her softly, before adding, “Technically!”

“Royals and their technicalities,” Elise smiled down at him.

Leonidas just placed his hands around her waist and tumbled her onto the bed to join him. She landed with her hands on his chest, and lifted up slightly to stare him in the eyes; a curious look on her face.

“Let’s see, what can we do to occupy ourselves, and ensure we stay awake?” Leonidas drawled, smiling.

Scoffing her indignation and throwing him a scandalised look, Elise made to get out of his embrace, “Are you crazy? My parents are just down the hall!”

“Get your mind out of the gutter, woman,” he teased, “I was thinking we watch a movie, or play cards, or... knit ... But, I’m a flexible guy, I can always change my plans to suit you.”

He tightened his embrace and pulled her forward for a kiss that was more playful than passionate, that had Elise laughing, especially when he started to tickle her.

“Ssshhh,” He chided.

“Okay, then stop,” she retorted.

He finally released her, and they ended up side by side, much like the last time Leonidas had snuck into her room.

“I get why you snuck in last time, but you just saw me this afternoon. It’s barely after 10, and here you are,” Elise pointed out.

“You’re not happy to see me?” Leonidas asked, with a curious expression.

“I didn’t say that.”

“As much as I love to hear that, I can’t stay long; I just wanted to invite you to go into the country with me tomorrow, to visit an old friend,” Leonidas prompted.

“I’d love too,” Elise told him.

“Good. I’ll pick you up at eight.”

“I’ll be ready,” Elise assured him, “It’ll be lovely to spend a Saturday in the country and to meet an old friend of yours.”