Chapter 32 [Young Love ;)]

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

Love is patient and kind, it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited, it is never rude or selfish, it does not take offence, nor is it resentful. Love takes no pleasure in others’ sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes - from A Walk to Remember [who got it from the Bible, for those of u who want to be difficult...] =) 

ALSO: Plz Ignore mistakes for now...will get them when editing =) ... THANKS!

Chapter 32:

 Elise was on cloud 9. She sat in Tatiana’s room, and kept remembering the time she and Leonidas spent near the pasture, earlier that day.

Of all the things to fly out her mouth, ‘I love you’, was the least likely to have done so. But the moment seemed right, and the ‘lo’ was already out before she could stop herself.

But it was worth it. Leonidas’ reply was completely out of the blue, but not unwanted. She cannot believe she was in love. And to have that love returned was icing on top of the perfect day.

Oh, my heavens, Leonidas loves me! She felt so giddy; she almost did a happy dance. Luckily she contained herself. Not that Tatiana would mind her starting to dance. Heck, Tatiana would probably join in.

“You do realise that you have a dopey grin on your face,” Tatiana poked at her beyond happy friend.

“Do I?” Elise asked, not at all put off by her friend’s comment.

Tatiana smiled, and moved up her bed to brace on the wall. “You do, but seeing as you’re in looovvve and all, you’re excused.”

Elise threw her a scowl, and saw that she was also smiling. “You have a grin on your face as well.”

“I do. Because my best friend is in love; my best friend, who’s never been in a serious relationship before, who’s more studious and focused than Einstein... is in love. Oh, happy day!” Tatiana jumped off the bed, pulled Elise to stand with her and started dancing.

Though there was no music on, Elise joined in the silly dance. Considering she was already close to doing a happy dance herself, it didn’t take much to get her started. They were so happy they couldn’t contain themselves.

“Wanna hear something funny?” Elise stopped dancing after a while and threw herself crossway onto the bed, feet dangling off the side. “I could have sworn that you would have been the first out of the two of us to fall in love.”

Tatiana copied Elise’s move before responding, “Ditto.”

Tatiana spared a glance at her friend. “Ellie, how come you just admitted to him? I mean I know you, and you’re not one to let your mouth run away from you like that.”

Elise, herself, was trying to figure that one out. “I don’t know. Penelope just told me all these stories about him. And it was Leonidas in a new light. Not what the media paints in their prejudice. I knew for a while now that he’s more than what they say, but hearing about him from someone who was a part of his upbringing- and not blood related, was... enlightening.

“Did you know- well of course, you didn’t know, no one knew, but he visits them at least once every month? And more, if his schedule permits it; he’s like their surrogate son. Penelope adores him.”

Elise sat up and hugged her knees to her chest. “He helps them, you know? I don’t just mean financially, but physically as well. Whenever he’s there, he helps Liam with whatever chore needs completing. And nobody knows. Not even the Queen. Accra knows he visits, but she doesn’t know all the things he does. Penelope sings his praises every second; she’s his second mother.”