Chapter 15: Beth's Redneck With The Stupid Accent

“Stupid accen’?” Daryl asked gruffly, his lip turned up in a scowl, disgusted. He crossed his arms across his chest and scoffed.

Beth sighed, looking intently at Rick as if asking him to defend her. “Rick,” she whispered. He nodded, and placed a hand on her shoulder, pushing her softly behind him. “Daryl, did you and Beth...?” Rick asked cautiously; a hint of disappointment and judgement in his words. “I just want to know,” he continued, putting his hands out in defence.

Daryl shrugged. “Silly re’neck?” he muttered, his words directed at Beth, who was lost for words. She stood, dumb-founded. “I... Um... It was meant to be nice!” Daryl scoffed, running a large calloused hand through his thick hair piled on his head.

“Nice?” he asked, his hand falling back to his side. "I don' call tha' being nice."

There was an air of amusement in his voice, as if he found her defence mechanism something to be laughed at.

Like she was pathetic.

She breathed through her nose and snorted. "I didn't mean it like tha' and you know tha'," she replied angrily but soft, her accent strong in her words. "You're just being a jerk," Beth muttered, folding her arms across her chest and looking at her feet on the hard concrete.

Beth pushed her way past Rick and Daryl and walked out of the cell.

Go back there and tell him you love him. Tell him you never want to lose him and if you did you wouldn't survive. Ask him how he could possibly do that to you!

Beth sighed. What was she going to do? What could she do?

Someone grabbed her hand and pushed her against the wall. "What were you thinking?" Maggie spat. "With a guy like Daryl Dixon? You're eighteen for God's-"

"No cussing," Beth said, stopping her sister from finishing the sentence.

"You're eighteen, Beth! It's not right. Did he make you do it? Were you forced?" she asked, her eyes determined and mad. "Did he make you do it?"

Beth whimpered as her sister pushed her against the wall harder. "Did he make you do it?" she said loudly, her hands holding onto the hem of Beth's shirt.

"No!" Beth cried. "No! He didn't make me do it!"

"You let him?" Maggie asked disgusted, her lips curled up into a snarl. "I'm telling Daddy." Beth grabbed her arm as she pulled away, "Please," she begged, tugging on her sister's arm. Maggie pulled her arm away, "How dare you let him touch you!" she yelled, her finger pointing at a shocked Daryl and Rick. "You're a-"

"That's enough!" Rick demanded, stepping towards them. "Maggie, I said 'that's enough!' Let her go and go back to your cell. You should be resting, not assaulting your sister!"

Beth breathed out heavily, an army of tears squeezing their way from her eyes. "I..." she tried to say but the tears won and as soon as they spilled she ran away from the rest of the group to the showers.

********************************************************************

Her hands pulled at the bottom of her shirt and tugged it over her head, sighing at the sight of the large purple bruises on her hips.

She, her whole body shaking, pulled at her jeans and they came undone. Beth stepped out of them as they fell to the floor around her feet. She picked up her clothing and screeched.

"Daryl?" she breathed, scared. He sighed, "Shit, Beth, wha' were we thinkin'?" he asked, leaning on a bench with his head in his hands as they ran though his hair.