Chapter 39- End x And x Beginning

"We'd finally reached the world tree, and all four of us were standing in a circle in complete silence, each of us holding our breath- even Gon.

"Well... This is it." I eventually said. "I think. Plans, anybody?"

"I'm going to see what my dad has to say, and to from there." Gon concluded. "I need to see what he has to say." We all nodded.

"I want to travel the world with Alluka." Killua said quietly. "I don't know what exactly I want yet, but I know how to find it. And Y/n, you're welcome to come." Everyone turned to look at me. I averted my eyes to the ground. I knew exactly what I wanted. I looked over at Killua, his eyes full of hope, and turned to Gon.

"Gon, I want to come with you." (AN: you all know I'm the master of cliffhangers and plot twists, what were you expecting xD) An eerie silence filled the air, and I refused to take my eyes off the ground.

"Why?" I heard Killua whisper. "We... We're finally together again and you're casting it away like its nothing."

"It's not like that!" I felt my eyes begin to well up. "I... I know Ging will go right after you see him, Gon. And I don't want to leave you on your own!"

"Y/n..." Gon said.

"Killua, you have Alluka! Gon won't have anybody, and that's what you want?" I blinked away my tears and finally looked at him. "I'll miss you, so much, but I'd rather do this than worrying about Gon!" He had a shadow cast over his eyes.

"You're right." He suddenly looked up and smiled at me. "I'm... I'm just being selfish. Go with Gon, and we'll keep in touch." I threw my arms around him, hugging him tightly. It wasn't long before I felt his hands tighten around my waist.

"Thank you, Killua. I don't know where I'd be without you."

"Yeah." We slowly released each other. "Gon, look after Y/n for me, okay?" He nodded enthusiastically.

"Alluka, look after Killua for me." We both laughed. "I'll... See you around."

"I'll see you soon." We smiled at each other and Killua leaned in to kiss me. I took a deep breath and turned my head to the side, so his lips landed on my cheek. I didn't want to end it like that- who knew when I was going to see him again. I gave him one more sad smile before we both turned away from each other. As soon as we were facing each other, both Gon and I's smiles dropped. I looked over at him and patted him gently on the shoulder.

"Hey, it'll be okay." I whispered. "We'll see them again, trust me. Until then, we have each other." Gon nodded.

"Yeah." He whispered back. "You're right."

And, without any further conversation, we ventured forwards to start climbing the towering tree above us. Who knew what lay in wait, but I was going to find out soon enough. I felt my spirits being lifted and a smile began to grow on my mouth. Even without Killua, my adventure was only beginning.

"Hey, Gon." I said. "I'll race you to the top!"

"You're so on!"

AN:

And that's a wrap ! Only for the first book though! Patience, my friends.

So, what will happen now? Will you ever see Killua again? Who knows?

Thank you to all the super cool people who've stuck by me for this entire crazy journey which somehow got this book to 42k. How that happened I have no fucking idea, but it's awesome as frick.

I love you all, and stay tuned for another book!:)