Chapter 2- Friends

Killua's POV:

Y/N. For some reason Y/N was the only thing on my mind. Maybe I feel a strong desire to kill her, since she asked to be my friend? No. I don't feel any blood lust.

I threw my hands behind my head and closed my eyes, exhaling heavily. I want friends more than anything, but all I can do is finish the job and move on. Glancing around, I still saw all the girls whispering about me. Looking forward, I saw a girl in front of me with blonde hair and about a pound of makeup on. She was smiling at me and twirling her hair. I sighed and shoved my hands into my pockets, raising an eyebrow expectantly at her.

"Hey," she said, batting her eyelashes. "I'm Alice. I was wondering if you needed someone to show you around?" I frowned. Why does this always happen to me?

"Um..." I said, scratching the back of my neck. "I'm fine. Thanks."

"No, really. I insist." She stood firmly in place, and I could tell that she had no intention of moving anywhere.

"I'm fine." I repeated through clenched teeth. This girl was really starting to get on my nerves. I stepped to the side of her and carried on walking, my head bent low. I quickly glanced back to see Alice with a completely priceless expression on her face. I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself laughing. Suddenly, I heard a laugh erupt out of someone on the crowd. Leaning over I saw that it was just Y/N and Gon. They had their heads bent backwards and Y/N was practically choking.

"What?" Alice yelled at Y/N and Gon, walking towards them.

"Sorry, but your face is priceless!" Y/N replied through raspy breaths. "Can't you handle the word no?" Seeing them laugh set me off too. Soon enough, all three of us were toppling over laughing. I felt slightly bad for Alice, but I hadn't laughed like this in who knows how long. Maybe, just maybe, I could have some friends. I just have to be cautious. Catching my breath and lifting my head, I saw Y/N in front of me, smiling sweetly. She looked pretty... Wait, what?

"Sorry about that!" She exclaimed. "No one's ever said no to Alice before. She's popular, as you can probably tell." She gestured lazily towards the girl, who was still in a state of confusion and shock.

"Yeah!" Gon added. "That was awesome, Killua!"

"Thanks, but I didn't really do anything," I said, slightly embarrassed. Y/N's smile got even brighter, and before I knew it I was smiling at them too. They were obviously the jokers of the school. I think I could be friends with them, as long as I'm careful.

"Hey," Y/N said, looking away slightly. Her cheeks were tinted a pale pink. "Do you want to be friends? It's okay if you..."

"Sure." I said firmly, startling them both. "I've never really had any friends, though." Both Y/N and Gon's eyes widened at my comment.

"Really?" Gon exclaimed loudly. I nodded cautiously, slightly embarrassed.

"But everyone has to start off somewhere, right?"

"Yeah!" Gon and Y/N agreed.

"So, want to go to lunch?" Asked Y/N, pointing suggestively down the hallway. I was a little uneasy at first since that was presumably where everyone else was, but I kind of did want to hang out with them- even though I wasn't supposed to.

"Okay."

Y/N's POV:

"Hey, Killua," I said as we reached just outside the canteen. "Don't worry if people stare at you. It happens to all the new kids." I bit my lip, hoping he'd bought it. The truth was no one ever really have the new students a second glance, but I knew they would for Killua. He just nodded, smiling down at me. I was at least two inches shorter than him.

We opened up the doors and stepped inside. Everyone was chatting loudly, and acting stupid as usual. I saw a couple of people look at Killua and whisper into each other's ears, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. Both Gon and I sighed in relief. The white- haired boy looked relieved as well.

"Hey, Kurapika! Leorio!" Gon and I stumbled our way towards our usual table where our two other friends were waiting, with Killua following closely behind.

"Hey you two!" Leorio said cheerfully. His eyes darted towards Killua and then back to me. "Who's this?"

"This is Killua. He's new!" I replied, gesturing towards him. His eyes suddenly snapped open and he stared at Kurapika in disbelief.

"Kurapika?" He said, surprised. The blonde haired male looked up and smiled gently at him, keeping his cool as always.

"Killua!" He said. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out assas-" Killua slammed his hand over Kurapika's mouth, catching us all by surprise. Wait, when did he even move over there...? I saw him whisper something into Kurapika's ear, before backing up next to me again.

"Sorry." He said, grinning at us. "Kurapika and I are old... Friends. We go back a long way."

"Okay!" Gon replied, as gullible as ever. I, however, knew something was up. I squinted at both of them, but neither of them were showing any signs of lying.

We all sat around the table, talking about various school things and when we plan on taking the. Hunter exam. Kurapika and Killua kept stealing glares at each other, but I just shrugged it off. I wasn't going to get anywhere by asking. Killua leaned over and whispered in my ear, causing me to shudder.

"Is he a teacher or something?" He asked, pointing towards Leorio discreetly. I muffled a giggle before leaning over to whisper back into his ear.

"No, he just looks like an old man." Killua looked over at Leorio in disbelief. Soon enough, we were falling over each other laughing yet again. It's strange- Killua was completely different earlier. Maybe he's decided to open up.

"Did you two hear us?" Gon asked, tilting his head to the side. "We're going out for ice cream after school. Want to come?"

I sighed heavily before looking at both of them apologetically. "I can't again."

"Why can you never to anywhere?" Kurapika asked, raising an eyebrow. "I don't think you've ever come out with us." I dropped my fork. Everyone was staring at me expectantly. I found feel my hands shaking under the table.

"She doesn't want to talk about it."

I looked over to where the voice was, and it was none other than Killua. He had his hands behind his head again and his eyes were closed. "Can't you all see it in her eyes? She's pained." One thing's for sure- Killua's the only one who really understands me. I smiled and mouthed thank you again, and he opened his eyes and nodded.

"Sorry, Y/N." Leorio said, looking slightly embarrassed.

"No, it's okay. It's not your fault."

Hi minna! Here's the second chapter, hehe:3 You and Killua are building your relationship xD I really hoped you liked this chapter everyone!^-^