Chapter 3- Opening x Up

Y/N's POV:

"Y/N, we need to talk."

I nodded at Killua, blushing slightly. It had been two months since Killua joined, and as time flew by I've gradually gotten more and more closer to him. Killua, Gon and I were practically inseparable. Kurapika and Killua still act very strange towards each other but I just try my best to ignore them.

I've also gotten even more attracted to the white- haired boy. He's been targeted by a lot of girls in school, but I'm really the only girl he talks to. He's also noticed how I'm never allowed out of my house after school, and I'm pretty sure he's concerned.

"I want to know what's always bothering you." I snapped my head up to look at him, frowning. Why was he always so overprotective? "I know there's something, Y/N. It's not just me noticing it- it's all your friends, too." My eyes widened and my pupils shrunk. How did he notice?

"Do you promise not to tell anyone?" I asked, staring at the floor. I felt the weight of his hands on my shoulders as he tilted my face upwards to look at him. I could feel my cheeks getting hotter and hotter.

"Promise." He said, smiling at me.

"Okay." I whispered. I knew I could trust Kil with anything- he would never tell. Even so, I couldn't tell him the truth. I would never want to make him worry. "It's just schoolwork! I get stressed way too easily. My parents are pretty strict, so I always have to stay home and revise." I smiled at him, hoping he'd bought it. He raised an eyebrow at me, as if expecting something else.

"Show me your arms." I began to shake. He knew me too well. Without warning, he suddenly pulled me into a tight hug. I flinched at first, but I soon wrapped my arms around him too. He was so warm, and I could feel his muscles under his shirt. I buried my face into his shoulder, and I suddenly felt the tears begin to fall. I would always suck it up, but not this time. He patted my back gently as I sobbed quietly into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I said, pulling backwards. He gingerly took one of the sleeves of my shirt and pulled it up to reveal my heavily bruised arm. He shook his head in disbelief.

"Who did this?" He asked through clenched teeth. There was no point lying- he would know.

"My dad." I said plainly with no emotion. "After my mum died..." I shrugged one shoulder helplessly, giving a feeble attempt of a smile. That's when I saw the look in his eyes. His usual calm blue ones hard turned to stone, and his hands were clenched tightly.

"How could he hurt you like this?" He suddenly shouted, losing his cool. "You deserve so much more. I..." I saw it again- the pain hidden beneath his eyes. He dropped his hands to the side helplessly, his eyes closed.

"It's okay, Killua." I said, wiping my eyes. "It's not your fau-"

"We have to do something about it."

I blinked several times at him. Was this really Killua? The girl- magnet who always kept his cool and never seemed angry or caring towards anyone?

"What?" I croaked.

"You heard me," he replied, looking directly into my e/c eyes. "I'm coming with you after school today. No buts." I gasped in disbelief and shook my head rapidly.

"No Killua." I said. "He'll just hurt me."

"I won't let them touch you." He put his hands back onto my shoulders and stared directly into my e/c eyes again. "Do you trust me, Y/N?" I gulped.

"Yes. I'd trust you with anything."

"Then you'll let me do this."

Then, he turned on his heel and started walking away, just like that. His eyes went back to his normal state and he thrust his hands into his pockets. "Don't worry- I'll sort them out."

Killua's POV:

What have I done. She's going to find out who I really am. I can't let her live like this, though. Why do I suddenly feel like this? It's too late now. I can't back down.

AN:

Ayyyyyy stuffs happenin' x3 sorry Killua got kinda OOC here, but I tried to fix it as best as I could xD also gomene for the short chapter. Hope you like it so far! ^-^