Chaper 34- Reunion

After what seemed like centuries, I had finally managed to travel to NGL. It was very hard to find a boat who would bring me all the way out here. Not to mention it was two in the morning. I stared upwards towards the lurching entrance of where Killua was, taking a deep breath and looking upwards towards the sky. I prayed with all my heart he was still alive, and that maybe I could help him.

Ikalgo claimed he would meet me on the other side of the entrance, and that he'd be hiding from everyone else. I really wondered why he needed to. I stepped inside the main area where I met three security guards looking at me sternly. I stood my ground.

"I'm Y/n L/n, and I'm here to help with the chimera ants situation." I grabbed my license and showed it to them, a smug grin on my face. They looked at each other and then nodded.

"Why are you out so late?" One of them asked. I panicked in my head, but retained my expression.

"Good question. Apparently, it's an emergency and they're quickly gathers up lots of Hunters in one area to fight. It's very serious so I need to go quickly." They nodded at each other yet again and one of them threw a box of clothes at me. I frowned in confusion.

"You'll need to hand in electronic devices and any clothes. We have strict rules here." I sighed and nodded slowly.

"Okay..." I began to unlace my combat boots. When I was done, I grabbed a white dress and glared at them. "Can I have some privacy, please?" One of them gestured to a changing room. I threw my phone and blogs at them and walked in. I sighed as I examined myself in the mirror. Dresses weren't really my style, and this one was pretty short. Grumbling to myself and slipping some uncomfortable slippers on, I walked out and nodded. After some questioning, they finally let me through.

I walked out, scanning the area for any sign of Ikalgo. I realised he never told me what he looked like, so even if there was anyone around I wouldn't be able to tell.

"Y/n?"

I saw a strange creature walking towards me cautiously. He looked like... An octopus? Before I could say anything, he slammed a slimy tentacle over my mouth.

"Look." He whispered. "We'll talk in a minute, okay?" We're too close to the guards." He nodded his head towards them. I wiped my mouth and followed him into the woods. It had finally clicked for me as to why he was hiding. If the guards saw him, they would kill him on the spot.

When we were finally far enough away from them, we stopped and turned to each other. Before he could even open his mouth, I opened mine first.

"You're a chimera ant, right?" I asked, smiling sweetly. "Don't even bother explaining. It must be hard for you to live this way, huh?" His face immediately heated up. He looked genuinely taken aback.

'T- thank you..." He murmured. He then smirked at me. "So you and Killua, huh?" It was my turn to blush. I began fidgeting with my dress.

"Hah... Yeah..." He just smiled at me.

"Well, I can see why he likes you." My face heated up even more.

"T- thanks..."

"Well, we should get going. It's not far." I nodded enthusiastically and we immediately started jogging through the woods. Abruptly, we both stopped at a hole leading directly downwards. "Come on." He whispered, jumping into the hole and slowly climbing down it.

"Ikalgo, some people don't have tentacles." I said, laughing. He slapped himself in the face. "It's okay, though. I can climb down." Grabbing two sturdy sticks from the floor, I began inching my way down using them.