Chapter 12- Zoldyck x Is x Back

Gon, Killua and I all ran together in a row, following Satotz, the first phase leader. Killua was standing very close, and was making me blush every couple seconds.

"Y/n," he said, not even looking over at me. "Want to ride on the back of my skateboard?" My blush got even heavier. Did that mean I had to hold onto him?

"Uh..." I began, biting my lip. The truth was I was absolutely fine to carry on, but there was a part of me that wanted to get on the skateboard with him. Before I even knew it, he'd grabbed my arm and hoisted me up onto his skateboard. Instinctively, I grabbed onto his waist to stop myself from falling. He smelled... Nice. Kind of like fresh lavender. I went beetroot red just thinking about it. I could feel his six pack underneath his shirt, making me go even more red.

"Y/n?" Gon asked, running up beside me with a concerned look on his face. "Are you okay? You've gone red." I successfully fought down my blush and gave Gon a crooked smile, hoping it looked somewhat convincing.

"Better than ever." I replied shakily. He nodded and fell back into place next to Kurapika.

"Oi!" We both turned our heads to see none other than Leorio next to us with an angry look in his face. "You can't ride on that! It's cheating!" He was practically fuming.

"Why?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. His face got even angrier.

"Yeah, why?" I heard Gon from behind me. "Satotz- san only told us to follow him." I nodded in agreement while Leorio was completely speechless. Killua flipped the skateboard up and I hopped off. We were obviously thinking exactly the same thing.

"I guess I'll run." Killua said, grinning at me.

"Me too!" I said happily. We both hi-fived each other and carried on running, talking about things and generally catching up. I wasn't planning on denying it- I'd really missed him.

Timeskip- phase 2

"Hello everyone!" We all turned around to see a woman wearing particularly revealing clothing and a huge man sitting next to her, looking bored. "I'm Menchi, and we're both gourmet Hunters." I heard a loud groan erupt out of the crowd, including from me. No matter how hard I tried, I was completely useless at cooking.

"Yeah, that guy looks like a gourmet Hunter alright." I head Killua whisper in my ear. I giggled.

"Today you'll be cooking pigs!" Menchi explained the rules. Apparently the pigs were dangerous, which I was excited about, but the cooking part sounded like torture. Killua, Gon and I all decided to hunt together, figuring it would be more efficient and quicker.

We couldn't find anything for at least an hour. Gon jumped down a hill suddenly, and we all followed down. He suddenly stopped in front of us, causing us to all bump into each other.

"What?" I asked, leaning over and tapping Gon once on the shoulder.

"I found them!" He replied happily, pointing to a crowd of huge, horned pigs. They were at least seven times the size of us, and looked very angry that we'd disrupted them. I gulped once, realising just how dangerous they really were. Without warning, they began charging at us. We all turned on our heel and ran as fast as we could, screaming.

I felt something distant gig at my arm gently, gesturing for me to stop. I spun around to see none other than Killua, smirking at me. I gave him a worried look.

"Let's find their weak spot!" He said determinedly. I smiled back and nodded. Side by side, we ran up to one of the pigs quickly. I jumped up onto its back swiftly, landing with barely any noise and slamming my foot down. I shook my head. I saw him run up the pigs nose, slamming his hand onto its forehead. It immediately collapsed, it's eyes turning into crosses and quite clearly dead.

"Well... That was easy." I said, frowning. He just shrugged at me, grinning brightly.

"Just because we're strong." He replied simply, walking away and gesturing for me to follow. I did as told. We both dragged our pigs back to the main area. Killua offered to carry mine, but I refused. I was stronger than I looked.

We both took places next to each other and began to cook our pigs over a spit. Truth was, I had no idea how to cook one. I prodded it with a spatula, noticing it was way too burnt. I gulped and took it off, slamming it onto a huge plate and groaning in frustration. I better pass- this took loads of work. Looking over at Killua, his looked even more burnt than mine. I threw my hand over my mouth to stop myself from giggling.

"What's so funny?" He asked angrily. "Yours isn't any better, you know." I stopped laughing and nodded, giving him a half- hearted thumbs up. He grinned at me before we both walked up to join the lien of anxious looking people.

Not a single one of us passed, but we were then sent to collect spider eggs from a huge drop. I gulped, scared. Heights were one of my main weaknesses. I looked up to see Killua looking down at me, a worried look on his face.

"You okay?" He asked. It was strange seeing him care about me so much. He usually was so collected. I nodded once, biting my lip. That was when I felt something warm envelope my hand.

Killua's hand- in mine.

"Jump together?" He asked. Menchi had explained everything, so all that was left was to jump. I immediately felt calmer when the white haired boy was beside me, even after all these years. "On three." I squeezed my eyes shut.

"One." I said.

"Two..."

"Three!" We said together. I probably wouldn't have jumped if he wasn't holding my hand so tightly. I shut my eyes, waiting for the impact to hit me.

It never did.

I opened my eyes, looking up to see Killua holding onto the thin web with one hand, and me with the other. I blushed furiously, realising he'd pretty much just saved my life. He hoisted me up and I grabbed onto the web immediately.

"You scared me." He mumbled. I thought I may have seen him blush for a second, but shook off the thought. "Don't leave me alone again, okay?"

I nodded once, smiling. "Okay."

AN:

I had another free period since the teacher never showed up xD hope you liked the chapter minna!:3

Also 3K VIEWS!!! I thought this would literally be a story I'd write for fun that I'd take down, but it's my most viewed story! Thank you so much everyone ^-^