Chapter 4- Chocolate

Gon, Kurapika, Leorio, Killua and I sat down at our usual lunch table, beginning to eat. I was trying my best to enjoy the day and take my mind off what will be happening after school. But how could Killua do anything to them? I guess I'll wait to find out. Killua threw his hands behind head, munching on a chocolate ball- one of his favourite things. I found it actually really cute how he had an affinity for chocolate. I smiled to myself.

"Ne, Killua," Gon suddenly said. "You said your second name is Zoldyck, right?" He nodded once, putting his hands down and his eyes widening slightly.

"It's funny!" He said, grinning. "There's this family we were learning about in Nen History called the Zoldyck family. They're famous assassins!" He froze for a second, his bangs covering his eyes. He quickly looked up and forced out a laugh.

"Seriously?" He said. "Can you imagine me assassinating people?" He started making crazy hand gestures with his butter knife, and everyone laughed.

"Yeah, you're too weak to be an assassin anyway!" Gon said, a smirk playing on his lips., head snapped up suddenly and he glared at the oblivious boy.

"You sure about that?" He asked in a mocking tone, raising his right hand which suddenly contained a yo-yo. Where did he get all this stuff? Gon chuckled, which seemed to anger Killua even more. I squinted at him. There was something strange in his ocean blue orbs. They looked like they'd just had the life sucked out of them.

"Yep!" Gon replied stupidly, folding his arms. "Plus you're way too nice to be an assassin. You're my best friend in the whole world!" He froze and dropped the yo-yo, which landed on Leorio's foot. His eyes went back to their usual state, and he looked very shocked.

"OWWWW!" Leorio yelped, jumping up from the table and causing the whole lunch hall to go silent. "What is in that thing, Killua?" He bent down and tried to pick the yo-yo up, but failed miserably.

"Jeez, Leorio!" I grinned. "You're so weak!"

"Oh yeah? Then why don't you try, Y/N?" He replied hastily, gesturing to it. I began to bend down and pick it up, but Killua got there before me and whisked it up. Leorio's eyes widened even more as he began to play around with it.

"H- how...?" He stuttered. We all sweat-dropped.

"It's a yo-yo, Leorio!" Killua laughed. He played around with it before shoving it into his pocket. I squinted again at Killua's royal blue eyes, but I saw no hint of anything unusual. I sighed heavily and closed my eyes.

"How did Leorio get into this school if he can't even pick up a yo-yo?" Kurapika said quietly, giving us all a sly smile.

"Who knows?" I replied, grinning back at Kurapika. I swear I saw his cheeks heat up for a second but they quickly went back to normal.

Time skip: End of the school day

I paced back and fourth outside Hunter High, trying to calm my racing heart and get my thoughts collected. I could do this. But where would I go?

"Yo, Y/n."

I spun around to see none other than the white- haired boy smiling at me. He reminded me of a porcelain doll. I smiled shakily back at him, trying to hide how terrified I was. He suddenly took both of my hands in his, and he looked directly into my e/c eyes with determination.

"It'll all be fine- I promise." I felt my cheeks get hotter and hotter. I gulped.

"Okay." I whispered.

AN:

Sorry it took me so long to update- I was actually on holiday in Tokyo, heh:3 I'm back now so I promise I'll get this story on a roll. Hopefully I'll update it every week or so!:)