Chapter 16

I stood by the receiver in the middle of Yorknew City, inhaling deeply. I needed to talk to Kurapika badly. I waited for him to pick up patiently, tapping my foot on the ground. I had left my hotel and gone all the way down the street for this.

"Hello?" I finally heard him. He sounded tired; drained.

"Kurapika! It's me, Y/n!"

"Hey!" He said, his voice lighting up. "Are you in Yorknew?"

"I sure am!" I replied happily, a smile creeping onto my face. I had missed him.

"Do you want to meet up?" He asked. "Now?"

"Yeah! Is it cool if I bring Killua? I don't really want to leave him alone at the hotel- I don't know where Gon went." The phone went silent for a couple of minutes.

"If you have to." My smile turned into a frown.

"O-okay. I'll meet you by the market in an hour." The line went dead. I sighed heavily and turned to walk away, to bump straight into someone. I rubbed my head and groaned. "Oi! Watch where you're going..." I trailed off. The person standing in front of me was none other than Alice. She raised a quizzical eyebrow at me, and sighed heavily.

"It's just you."

"Uh, um, hi..." I replied awkwardly, scoffing my brown boots in the pavement. She was much taller than me, and looked even more menacing than how I remembered. I smiled up at her, keeping my eyes on the ground. We both stood there for a couple of minutes as the people of Yorknew came bustling around us, shouting to watch where we were going. "H-how've you b-been?"

"Terrible. I haven't had a boyfriend since I left Hunter Academy."

"O-okay..." I said awkwardly. I wasn't expecting that.

"Y/n? Y/n!" I looked over to see Killua running towards me. "You were gone for ages and I got worried...." His face was suddenly stricken with a frown when he saw the reason I was so late. He reached out and grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly. I immediately relaxed.

"Killua!" I heard her shout standing right in front of him so they were just inches apart. "I haven't seen you in ages!" He nodded, biting his lip.

"Sorry Alice, Killua and I were just on our way to see Kurapika. I'll see you." I quickly waved her off and dragged the white haired boy away.

-----

Killua and I walked through the market, just inches apart from each other. I kept glancing around for Kurapika, but I couldn't see him anywhere. I sighed in annoyance.

"Where is he?" I groaned, kicking up some dust. My stomach growled, and I felt a small blush creep up to my cheeks. Killua gave a low laugh, giving me his signature grin.

"Hungry?" He asked, a smirk playing on his lips. I nodded sheepishly. "Hey, I'll buy you something. I don't think Kurapika's coming." I sighed but nodded. He was thirty minutes late, and that just wasn't like him. He stood me up.

"Okay." He didn't waste a second. He took my hand in his and weaved his way through the crowd, making me blush furiously. He looked over at me and smiled.

"You okay with running?" I gave him a look and shook my head.

"Cut me some slack, Killua! We just got here!"

"Good, because I'm carrying you."

Before I had a chance to object, he grabbed my waste and slung me over to carry me bridal style. My blush got even heavier, but as usual he didn't even seem flustered. How?

"T- thank you..."

Where was he taking me? And... Was this a date?

AN::
Sorry about the short chappie but you guys deserved an update! This has been sitting here unfinished bc I can't think of anything else, so this is just one chapter now I guess. Hope you liked it anyway minna!:)