44

Jack Gilinsky

I didn't really know what to think when I walked into the hotel room to discover that everything was trashed.

At first I thought it was some joke, but the second I saw that Nadia, Hannah, and Johnson were all just confused as I was, I knew something was wrong. 

"Do you think room service could've done it?" Nadia suggests, a worried expression covering her face. It pisses me off to see her like this. Whoever did this shit is going to pay.

Johnson shakes his head. "I doubt it..."

"Are we seriously thinking about this?" Hannah objects. "It's obvious who did this."

It takes me a minute to get what she's hinting at, but then I realize. 

"Fuck," I mutter, running my hands through my hair. As if I didn't have enough to be stressing about right now. I can't believe I even let myself forget about them for this long. Did I seriously think they were done with us?

"What?" Nadia asks, looking perplexed.

"Justin and Nate." Hannah reckons. 

Nadia's face goes from confused to angry in .2 seconds and as bad as this may sound it was hot. But I quickly have to push that thought out of my head because this is serious and if they've somehow gotten into our room then who knows what else they are capable of. 

Well, I know what they're capable of and I'm sure Jack does too, but I really don't want to think about that right now.

"We have to leave," he announces, practically reading my mind. 

"No shit," Hannah says. 

I sigh. "No, he means like - right now. Grab whatever shit is yours as fast as you can and let's go." 

"Why? Do you think they're still here?" I'm not sure how but Nadia's able to switch emotions faster than Usain Bolt. Now she's scared, and there's no way in hell I'm going to just stand here and do nothing about it.

"We're all going to be fine," I tell her, lightly touching her wrist. "Just get your stuff together so we can head out."

"Where are we supposed to go?" She argues, eyes blazing. Holy crap how many feelings can a person have in less than sixty seconds? I wrap my hand in hers and take a deep breath. I'm hoping that if she can see how calm I am (or how calm I'm trying to be) and that she'll follow suit. 

"I can push our flight to an earlier time," Jack blurts out of nowhere as he shoves a bunch of shit into a bag.

"What flight?" Hannah queries the same time I ask, "how?"

"I have my ways, don't stress, just hurry and pack." 

"Wait, what flight?" Hannah repeats, finally walking around the room and picking up her clothes that have been strewn all over the room. 

"We're going back to Omaha," I tell them, slamming shut the drawer that happened to have my favorite shirt in it. I can't find it anywhere, and I bet Nate stole it. He always tried to wear it when I was living at the apartment with him. Goddammit. 

"All of us?" The amount of hope in Nadia's voice is enough to make me melt. 

Johnson stops for a moment, giving her a small smile. "All of us." 

There's a moment of silence, and I'm not sure what to do or how to feel. I think another personal conversation is about to happen between Nadia and Johnson, so I grab Hannah and shove us into the bathroom. 

"What the hell? I was about to grab my charger," She hisses, trying to shove past me. 

"Grab your bathroom shit, they need privacy."