31

"Uh...excuse me?" 

Jack and I reluctantly part from each other as someone clears their throat. I struggle to catch my breath, my face is already on fire and being caught with Jack makes it even worse.

"The, um, the pool is sort of closed now." 

I nod, eyeing my clothes that lay on the pool deck. "Right, sorry," I apologize. Jack mimics me and hops out of the pool. I try not to stare at him as water cascades down his body. Fuck, I wish we were still kissing. 

"I'm kind of obligated to lock up and I can't really do that until everyone is out of the pool," the guy says, looking almost as awkward as I feel. 

I turn to Jack and let my eyes go wide, silently asking for help. If I couldn't even let him see me half naked what makes him think I'd get out of the pool with this random guy watching me?  It takes a few seconds but Jack finally realizes what's wrong and grabs one of the hotel towels off a rack neck to a stack of chairs. 

"I got her," he says, opening up the towel. He stays as far behind me as he can as I struggle to slide out onto the concrete. I'm positive most of my body is covered by the time I'm actually out of the pool. I whisper a thank you to Jack before taking the towel in my hands and wrapping it around my body. 

"Um, cool..." The pool guy is still standing at the exit, an odd look on his face. I want to die. 

"We're gonna go now," I tell him, quickly snatching my clothes up off the ground and racing passed him. Jack's behind me but not close, he's taking his sweet time getting out of there. He even makes a show out of sliding his clothes back on. I know he's doing it on purpose, he's practically bragging to the poor guy that he'd just been making out with me and he has no shame. I, on the other hand, am not into other people watching me kiss someone like that.

Jack's chuckling by the time he finds his way beside me. "Damn, I don't think I've ever seen you run that fast."

"Shut up," I mumble, looking down at the floor. Water is still dripping off of me and I feel like we're not supposed to be this wet while walking in the hotel lobby but no one's saying anything. 

"It was cute." Jack grins. 

"I'm surprised you actually touched a towel that wasn't yours," I snap, referring to our first encounter when he demanded that he had to use his own towel and not that ones that we provided. 

I see him light up at that one. He doesn't look embarrassed, only amused. I furrow my eyebrows. I can never win with him. "Change is good." He shrugs. 

"Not always," I respond, walking passed the elevator and lugging my feet up the stairs. 

"A pretty good change for you would be taking the elevator," Jack huffs. 

I laugh. "You're so lazy."

"Am not."

"Am too."

"What are we, five?"

"I'm pretty sure five year olds don't do what we just did," I retort, smiling from ear to ear. I'm such a geek. Before I can pretend I didn't just get all giddy I see Jack glance at me from the corner of my eye. Of course.

"Well then I'm glad we're not five," Jack says.

I hide my face in my towel until we get to our floor and wait for Jack to take the key out of his pants pocket. I suddenly remember that I'm holding my clothes in my hands and not actually wearing them like he is. I'm so stupid, who forgets to put clothes on?

"Jack, wait!" I hiss, grabbing his wrist before he can push open the door. 

He flinches and drops the key to the floor. I breathe a sigh of relief. "What?" He asks, bending down to pick it back up. 

"I'm naked!" I remind him. 

He looks down at me and licks his lips, a grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. I wrap the towel tighter around my body, my cheeks heating up. "C'mon, don't be modest now," he teases.

"Fuck you."

"Gladly."

"You're horrible!" I shout, smacking him in the shoulder. 

"You love it." 

I shake my head and stifle a laugh. I do love it, but I'd never tell him that. Rolling my eyes, I drop the towel and quickly slide on my shirt and shorts over my damp bra and underwear. My heart is pounding knowing that I've just let Jack see everything. Well, almost everything, but it's close enough to make me lose my breath.

"Open the door now," I order, running my fingers through my hair. I try my best not to make eye contact with him as he stares at me. "Open the door!" I repeat. 

"I'm going, I'm going," he says, shaking his head. He slides the key through the bar and pushes the door open, stepping back to let me in first. 

"So sweet," I say sarcastically. 

"I know," he says, closing the door behind him.

I throw my towel somewhere random on the floor and search throughout the hotel room for Hannah. It's not a big room at all, so it's not like there's a lot of places she could be. "Hannah?" I call out, checking behind the beds then moving toward the bathroom. "Hannah!?"

"Nadia." Jack's voice is hesitant.

"Yeah?" I ask, not bothering to turn around to look at him. She's not in the bathroom. I furrow my eyebrows. Where could she be?

"Nadia..." Jack repeats, his voice breaking. 

"What's wro-" 

I can't even get out the rest of my sentence because by the time my gaze reaches where his voice is coming from I lose all ability to communicate. A mouthful of bile rises in the back of my throat, tears threatening to spill out onto my cheeks. My vision goes blank along with my ability to stand up straight, everything becomes blurry.

He's here. 

Jack Johnson. 

My brother. 

Here in my hotel room.

Standing right in front of me. 

________________________

holy fuck I know it's short as HELLLLLL and that I haven't updated in three days but honestly it's not my fault I had to write this stupid summer essay for apush that took me half the day today and yesterday and the day before that I had this all night relay thing at my school so yeah I'd say I was pretty busy lol

BUT YEAH!!! so they finally found johnson oh shiiiiitttt!!! what happens now??!!?? don't forget to comment and vote if you'd like I'd really love to hear how you guys feel about what's going on. idk if I'm going too fast or too slow but idkneifdhnqaweiuf feedback would be nice. but thanks for being so patient and thanks for reading!!

- gilinskyshigh

p.s next chapter will be in Hannah's POV I think