38

"This is a sick ride, J" Gilinsky compliments, smiling from ear to ear. I smile to myself, thinking about how great this moment is and how I wish I could capture it and have it forever. Gilinsky looks genuinely happy, which also makes him look genuinely attractive. I bite down on my lip, remembering how good it felt to be so close to him at the pool last night before we even knew my brother was lingering in our hotel room.

Hannah nudges me in the side with her elbow, breaking me from my trance. I nudge her back.

"So where exactly are we going?" Hannah asks, gripping tightly onto my arm so I can't jab her in the side anymore.

I watch the rear-view mirror to see a smirk apply itself to Jack's face. "It's a surprise."

"Oh come on." Hannah scowls. "That surprise shit is so overrated, just tell us!"

"You guys are seriously no fun," Jack complains, reaching into his pocket as he makes a quick left turn. "Here," he says, throwing three slips of paper at Gilinsky. He catches them with ease, furrowing his eyebrows as he reads them. 

His face goes from confusion to excitement in .5 seconds. "No way!" He calls out. "No freakin' way!"

Jack's grin only grows bigger. "Yes freakin' way!" He replies. 

"What!?" Hannah asks. "What is it!?"

"We're going to a Yankee game!" Gilinsky tells us, squirming around in his seat. "J, this is so cool, how did you get these!? When did you get these!?

Hannah squeals in my ear and lets her nails dig into my arm. I cringe. The Yankees? I lock eyes with Jack in the rear-view mirror. He's laughing. "What's wrong, Nadia, you're not excited?" He teases. 

I roll my eyes and sit back in my seat. "Shut up," I mumble. 

"What? What's going on?" Gilinsky wonders, shooting me a look from the passenger seat. 

Hannah giggles beside me. "She's a Mets fan."

Gilinsky's face contorts. "A Mets fan? Man, I thought you were better than that."

"Don't even give me that shit," I tell him, crossing my arms.

He throws his hands up in defense. "Hey, if you wanna play for the wrong team I can't stop you, that's alright with me."

"Oh I think we both know what team I play for."

I watch his face turn red as he lets out a cough, shoving two tickets at Hannah. She stifles a laugh as she hands me one.

"Okay, what just happened?" Jack asks, flipping his turn signal on. He looks both ways before almost running a red light, a few cars beeping at him. He drives just as hectic as Gilinsky.

"Nothing," Gilinsky tells him, relaxing a little in his seat. 

I turn my attention towards the window; I've always loved the way things looked while passing them in a car. Taking a deep breath I let my eyes follow the clouds as we move street to street. I can't help but have my mind wander to Gilinsky.

We're friends. I'm pretty sure just friends. But the fact that we've kissed a couple times makes this whole ordeal even more confusing. He's never asked me out, so I know we're not dating, but one minute he acts like he can't live without me then the next he acts like I'm just his best friend's little sister - which is exactly what I am. 

What sucks the most is that I've actually started to really like him, but now that my brother's back I have no idea how he'd react to me having a crush on his friend and considering I haven't seen him in over two months I'm sure he wouldn't be too fond of that idea. I just wish things didn't have to change. I liked how Gilinsky and I left things off at the pool, I want to go back to that night. The feeling of his wet skin against mine and his hot breath all over me. Jesus Christ.

Jack Gilinsky

I'm one-hundred percent positive Nadia said that shit on purpose just to drive me crazy. It's like she knows that I have been nonstop thinking about that night at the pool with her since we got chased away by that worker.

One thing that sucks about being friends is Jack is that his sister is fucking amazing and makes me feel things that I don't think I've ever felt before. Another thing that sucks is I have no idea how he'd react if I told him. I'm pretty sure he's an overprotective brother. I mean, all the times he's mentioned Nadia when he was still in New York a while back and he'd warn all the guys to not even think about her kinda says something.

Shifting around in my seat all I can do is just come up with scenarios in my head, guessing how the whole thing would happen. I'd tell him nice and commonly that I liked his sister, then he'd say something like, 'oh yeah she's super cool', then I'd have to explain to him that no I really liked her, then he'd end the conversation by knocking me about and we'd never speak about it again the end. That would suck wouldn't it. 

Sighing loudly I look down at my watch. It's 10 in the morning and I have no idea how long we've been driving. Pulling the ticket back out of my pocket I read the times on it to see they're for an afternoon game, which means it'd start at about 1. As I study the ticket more I realize a very important factor that I've missed. 

"Yo, Jack, hold up," I say, sitting up straighter in my seat. "There's no way these are right, you did not get an individual game suite package." 

"I was waiting for someone to notice." Jack laughs, stopping at a red light. I look out the window to see a sign that says Yankee Stadium is only a few miles away. Holy shit this is actually happening.

"How did you pay for all of this, I've got way too many questions for you."

"Wait, he did what?" Hannah asks, suddenly wide awake from her nap. 

"Johnson got us in a suite to watch the game," I inform her, shaking my head. What the hell is this? He's definitely got something up his sleeve and I don't know what, but at this point I couldn't care less. We're gonna be living the luxury life for at least three hours, and I wasn't about to complain about that.

"The hell is an individual game suite package?" Nadia's lip is curled and she looks disgusted, I can't help but laugh. There's so much I've got to teach this girl.

Jack steps on the gas as the light goes from red to green. "Nadia's never been to a baseball game - I mean, she has - with me and my dad - but she's never stayed awake long enough to remember."

"That's gotta be a sight to see," I say, shooting a look in her direction

 She shrugs, looking down at the car floor. I can tell bringing her dad into the mix makes her uncomfortable, and I'm surprised Johnson even mentioned him.

"Yeah, whatever," she answers, staring out the window.

I roll my lips together, turning to look out my window. As excited I am for this game, all I can think about now is Nadia. If Nadia is okay, if Nadia likes me as much as I like her, if Nadia is going to enjoy the game, if Nadia is gonna wanna talk to me during the game, if Nadia is ever gonna wanna kiss me again, Nadia this, Nadia that. 

And all I can think after that, is that I'm screwed.

____________________

ayeeee! I updated again! How awesome is that!!! Haha I'm glad I got to give you guys another chapter before thanksgiving break (sadly) ended. I hope you liked it and if not you can always give me some suggestions on what you want to happen and stuff like that, anyway I'll try to get chapter 39 up as soon as I can, it most likely won't be for another two-four weeks, so let me say sorry for that wait early in advanced. 

anywayyyy, thank you for sticking with me and this story! talk to you guys soon

-gilinskyshigh