Chapter one

Yay! New story! Hope you like it~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                    CHAPTER ONE

 Hands sweating. Heart pounding. Hyperventilating. I feel a warm sticky tear run down my cheek, the salty smell soon fills my nose. Screams and begs for mercy echo in my ears. Then suddenly silence. The next thing I remember is hearing footsteps before everything goes black.

My dreams are full of death and darkness. I can only hear screams and cries. My dreams seem to last years never ending or changing. Then the screams and cries seem to fade and a new sound fills my ears. It's a simple repeating 'beep' I try thinking of what could be the source of the sound, when my brain registers that I'm awake. I move my hand to make sure I'm not mistaking.  I hesitantly and slowly open my eyes.  

The first thing I notice was the dull white wall. I sit up and discover another person in the room.

"Hey, 'bout time you woke up." the brunette tells me as he leans against the wall.

I open my mouth to say something when an older lady walks in.

"Oh! Good! You're awake!" she smiles warmly and walks closer to me.

"Who are you?" I ask, and then realized I wasn't even sure who I was.

"Oh dear, the doctors suspected this. I prayed that they would have been wrong. Leo, I'm your aunt Helena, do you remember me at all?"

I shake my head.

"Leo? Is that my name?"

Helena frowns, "This is worse than I thought! I’ll be right back sweetheart!"

She lightly kisses my forehead before walking out the all-white, overly clean room.

"Sucks that you can't remember anything. Then again, maybe is a good thing." The guy tells me.

"What happened?" I ask curiously.

He frowns, "I don't think I should be the one to tell you Leo, especially in your state." I look up at him curiously, wondering what he meant by that. He smiles back at me warmly.

I start to get up, but I go to fast and get dizzy.

"Easy there "Leo, you've been in that fancy bed for a week now, you don't want to move to fast so soon." He warns me.

"A-a week! I've been like this a week?!"

He nods slowly right as Helena returns to my room with a young red head. She smiles at me.

"Why hello there Leo. I'm happy you finally woke up! Since day one Alex hasn't stopped talking about how excited he was for this."

"Alex?"

"Never got to reintroduce myself, I'm Alex." His face was slightly red so I'm guessing the nurse embarrassed him some.

"Oh! Nice to meet you." I run my hand through my hair catching a glimpse of a black strand. I wonder what I look like?

“Leo! You forgot, I’m your cousin. I’ve seen you a million times before!” He walks over and tussles my already tangled hair.

The nurse laughs a little, "You guys are just too cute!" She walks over to me and checks to make sure everything is fine.