Chapter 11 - Not Again

‘C’mon, Remy, don’t make this anymore harder for the both of us.’

I still look down pretending that I didn’t hear him though he knew me too well and put his hand out toward me. Any other time I would’ve taken it, but I want to be strong and show him I didn't need them or most of all – him.

‘Remy. Please!’ I look up at him and shake my head slowly before looking back down avoiding the both of them. Daniel loses his patients with me and bends down, close, almost practically on top of me, but I kept my guard up and didn’t move an inch.

‘Remy, if you don’t come you know Nick will make you, you can’t stay here. They don’t trust you,’ he says both a plea and order. I look at him, the same soft grey-green eyes that I remember every detail of him still the same – not that I thought anything would’ve changed.

I don’t answer; the three of us there in awkward silence. I see Jack knows nothing about Daniel for I can see that he keeps looking at him as if he were to say just leave her be, but he knew best to keep quiet, especially as Daniel started to get irritated.

‘Remy…’ Daniel mumbles and groans, he gets back up and thrusts his hand out in front once more, but once again I don’t take it because I know once he gets hold of me he won’t let go. He shakes his head in exasperation and walks over to Jack whispering something softly so that I couldn’t hear, Jack nods and comes and walks over to me, face blank.

He looks at me and kisses my forehead long and soft and it made me want to cry and hold onto him, but I felt like I couldn’t cry anymore. Before I knew it he gets up and leaves with no goodbyes or backward glances.

I felt as if someone just ripped my heart straight out without a care in the world. I looked down and felt my breath turn uneven, feel my cheeks going hot and wet only realising that I was crying silently, shoulders slumped in defeat.

Now it’s just Daniel and I; me on the floor crying and Daniel standing there just letting me cry it out, he knows too well not to bother me while crying especially when I’m angry.

I finish weeping now lying on my back again staring into the sky like the time Daniel and I was in the middle of nowhere, when I tried to run but instead I fell and just lied there for a while…

‘Remy, swe-’

‘Don’t call me that!’ I cut him off still gazing at the sky.

‘Remiah,’ he says slowly through gritted teeth, just like Nick would when he starts to get really irritated with me. ‘We must leave as soon as we can.’ He utters now looking at me from above, I ignore him and sit up now looking deep into the dark forests wanting to run away and never be known or seen by anyone.

He tells me ‘we need to go’ about five million times though I ignore him and he starts to really get irritated, he yells at me once more but still I don’t budge.

After a while Daniel calls someone on his phone and five minutes later a van pulls up near the front and out comes the really tall man; mean, tough and scary looking. He walks towards us and Daniel takes a couple of steps back, and then looks at the tall man now facing me with his black sun glasses covering the emotions and thoughts from his eyes.

Daniel tries to persuade me a few more times and I ignore him just as usual, the tall man just observing the both of us. In the end the both of them give up and Daniel gets the tall guy to pick me up, I hear him and lie down. Unfortunately it doesn’t work though; the tall man bends down and pulls my arm upward making me sit up, he then holds my hips and throws me on his shoulders as if I were just a rag doll.