Chapter 15 - Promises are Made To Be Broken, and Lies are made to be unraveled

For jls123, thanks for the support lovely! xx

_____________________________________________________________________

‘Hey,’ someone says quietly behind Daniel. I move out of the embrace and stand on my toes to see who it was. Billy. His eyes were downcast as if embarrassed or scared to look up and hold my gaze.

‘Oh, it’s you,’ I say crudely standing back on my heels and watching Daniel move to the side so Billy could stand  beside him. I look at Daniel as he starts looking around the room admirably as if he’s never been in my bedroom before.

‘What do you want?’ I ask turning my gaze to Billy. He looks shallow and awkward and his gaze wouldn’t meet mine like usual. ‘I just came to check if you were okay but I guess Daniel bet me to it.’ He looks at Daniel instead of me so my gaze turns to Daniel as well. Daniel turns a bit and gives Billy a sharp look for some reason before looking away and admiring the room again as if it never happened. Billy started to look even more shallow and awkward.

‘Well as you can see I’m okay. But I think I still have a bit of a fever.’ I say quietly clenching both hands at the side of my body. As soon as I said “fever” Daniel takes a step toward me and puts a hand up to touch my forehead softly as if he were some concerned doctor or something, his head tilting to the side a little.

‘Thanks Daniel, I really needed that,’ I say sarcastically shaking my head in disbelief but smiling. ‘I’ll go get some medicine for you,’ he says and before I knew it he walks out the door before I can even refuse.

‘But–’ I go to follow him but Billy blocks the entrance. I sigh knowing I won't be going anywhere until Billy says what he has on his mind and trying to get his own way.

‘What?’ I ask impatiently. ‘Look I know you’re sorry and all but you don’t even mean it and I know that; so I’m not going to forgive you and if I were you I’d just stop right about now.’

He doesn’t move, ‘I am sorry, more than you actually think. And no you aren’t me, but how many times am I going to have to say sorry until you believe me?’ he asks finally holding my gaze, brow furrowed.

‘Try zero times cos I’m sick of hearing it from you. All you ever do is hurt me then apologize to me but you don’t even mean it. You’ll do it again, I know it. Maybe not the same thing, but you will do something; say something; anything to get me crying or on my knees.’ My eyes misted over and I had to look away in embarrassment to blink the tears back.

‘Remy,’ Billy says stepping forward and touching my shoulder gently. ‘Don’t touch me!’ I yell jerking my shoulder back and glaring at him. He moves back blocking the door once again before looking down at the floor.

‘I’m sorry Remy, I really am. I’ll do anything for you to forgive me.’ He says quietly. ‘Really? Anything?’ I ask, letting the silence seep in as I think. This time I was the one controlling the tense silence. ‘All right here’s one for you,’ I say watching his him closely. ‘Why don’t you leave me alone? That’s all I want. Go back to the other side and never come back!’ I said a bit too harshly and feeling just a tad bad afterwards.

He looks at me calmly and I could pretty much read what was on his mind, “I can't leave because of the Warden; my Dad.”

I sigh angrily and look away from him. ‘I’m sorry; I swear I won't do anything to you, I promise… I’ll do anything for you to not look at me with such hatred.’ He says, plead in his voice.

For a moment I almost fell for his little pleads and sad miserable face until I remembered all the things I had to go through mostly because of him. ‘Why should I forgive you anyway? I don’t care anymore,’ I sigh. ‘Please Remy!’ he begs looking at me with a solemn face.