Chapter 7 -The Carnival

2 days later ~

‘Jack, Jack, Jack!’ Leena screams, Taylor right behind her.

She’s bouncing into the room like a little puppy that found its long lost toy. Jack turns around to face her.

‘It’s the festival today!’ she squeals grinning like crazy. ‘Remy, are you coming with us?’ she asks making her way toward me. I wasn't sure what she was talking about so I look at Jack, confused.

‘It’s where everyone in the town meets to watch a festival, dance, sing, and listen to songs and… yeah… Taylor and Leena are making me go so… you should come.’

Taylor gives him a look and Jack stiffens a bit, ‘No! Not in that way. Jeez Taylor,’ he glares at her and she rolls her eyes before looking at me smiling.  I didn’t get what Taylor’s look was for and Jack’s glare but I definitely knew I wanted to go to this festival thing.

‘Um… yeah, sure, sounds fun, I’ll definitely come with you guys.’ I say slowly, smiling. Leena jumps toward me wrapping her arms around my waist and making me take a few steps backward. I laugh and hug her back.

At about 3:30 Jack, Taylor and Leena take me for a walk through the town walking up and down streets, and in and out of shops, laughing and buying clothes for the festival.

We get home around 5:30 and decide it’s time to get ready so we all change into our new clothes.

Taylor bought a cute skirt and top. Leena bought an aqua coloured dress. And Jack being a guy bought a t-shirt with printed words that seem gibberish to me and plain greyish black jeans.

Thanks to Jack I bought a bright yellow dress that had slight flower patterns, it’s tight at the top and puffs up from above my hips down and comes about four inches above my knees; like a summer dress. It has no sleeves or a strap to hold it, it’s pretty and even though I refused for Jack to buy it I'm glad that he did in the end.

After I shower I get changed and brush my teeth. I wasn’t sure how to put my hair but I looked at it in the mirror and contemplated and only then did I notice that my hair curled in ringlets and was pretty long. I put ¼ of my hair on both sides of my neck with the rest behind my back. I looked at the make-up but wasn’t sure whether I as allowed to use it also I didn’t really do make-up, I’ve never tried it before seeing there was no point in wearing any if I wasn’t going anywhere, so I left it there untouched.

When I walk outside Leena, Taylor and Jack are all ready. I didn’t realise they were there and walked out of the bedroom with my head down fixing my earing and staring at my dress to see if it was okay. I stop and see three pairs of feet in front of me.

I look up slowly, smiling, hoping I looked alright for the occasion. When I see their faces they’re all smiling except for Jack; admiring as if he has never seen a girl face-to-face before.

Leena and Taylor are both grinning and complimenting me; ‘you’re so pretty,’ ‘I wish I look like you!’ ‘I love your hair,’ ‘I love the dress,’ ‘you’re so lucky!’ They’re jumping on me touching my hair, hugging me and staring. I look at up at Jack and he still looks the same; standing and staring into outer space, but at me.

Leena pulls on his arm and laughs, ‘Jack, Jack! Don’t you think she looks beautiful?’

I blush and look at Jack; it takes him a while to answer. ‘Err… yeah she is… I mean she does… Come on we should go before we miss the opening,’ he turns around and opens the door for us and then shuts it after we were all out.

We all get in a car and Leena and Taylor make me sit at the front, ‘But isn’t Jack going to sit here?’ I ask concerned. He sticks his head in from the open window of the driver’s seat with the keys hanging from his fingers, ‘Nope, I'm driving.’