Chapter 17 - Run ins and all

I don’t know what happened last night, whether I fell down and knocked myself out like I usually do or just simply fell asleep, but whatever it was, it was pretty dumb of me because I just woke up in a tent, their tent.

‘Hey, there, had a good sleep?’ Zach smirks as I sit up rubbing my blurry eyes.

As soon as I could see him properly I roll my eyes, and step out of the tent looking around and taking everything in.

‘Don’t even think about it,’ he warns. ‘You got me in trouble,’ he says angrily, face cold and hard.

‘Where’d you find me?’ I ask still looking around for who knows what.

‘On the floor somewhere, but I wasn’t the one who found you. One of the other guys did.’

I started to get bored so I started to walk off. ‘Hey, you can’t just do that!’ he says, holding onto my arm and glaring at me.

‘Do what?’ I ask simply, smile, and shake off his hand.

‘You can’t just walk off,’ he says fiercer and grabs my arm again making me turn around.

‘Watch me,’ I shrug him off and keep walking as if he wasn’t there. He stops me once again. ‘What now?’ I whine. ‘We’re going the wrong way. I’m a man and I'm older than you, I should be leading you not the other way round.’

I think I made him embarrassed because I snorted at the end with the thought. When I looked away again I kept on walking but after three steps he stops me again.

‘Remiah, I mean it. We’re going this way.’

I moan, which made him pull my arm harder. ‘Ow! Relax, geez! You’re gonna end up pulling my arm off!’ I hear him mumble something, so I stop and stare at him.

‘What was that sorry? I didn’t quite get it.’ He ignores me and tries to pull me his way but I dig my heels into the earth and wrench my arm away from him.

‘Go on share your little secret.’ I say, starting to act like an annoying little child. He ignores me again and grabs my arm, this time tighter, fiercer.

Being me; I use my other hand and pull my other arm free. He grabs it again just as tight as last time but pulls me down a bit and turns me until we were face to face. I look away, and try to ignore him, but he turns me to look him straight in the eye.

‘Stop! Don’t do that staring thing with me again Zach! I’m warning you.’

But he doesn’t stop; he just kept on staring, just as black and cold as last time. I try to match his death glare but there was no point.

‘Zach, stop it! I don’t want to hurt you again, but I will and you know it.’ I try to look away but he turns me again, the silver shimmer rippling through his eyes, I could feel my body turning cold and numb and my breathing starting to slow down just like before.

Then in one swift movement slap him, and that was it; the instant he let me go and looked away I ran and ran, once again.

In a way I was lucky that it was morning and the sun was behind me, this time I could see where I was going and not having to worry about what was underneath me.

After a while I knew I lost them, and started to walk a bit, to conserve my energy, and then started to run again.

I got so caught up in my thoughts I wasn’t looking at where I was running and literally bumped into someone.

‘Remy?’ a deep voice says as I groan. ‘Billy?’ I look up and there he was. ‘You alright?’ he laughs.

‘Yeah I’ll live. What are you doing in the forest, so far from town?’