Chapter 21

I woke up to hearing my mom's loud classical music. She's gone into these phases where she gets obsessed with this one workout, and if it doesn't show any results, its gone. Right now she's into yoga, which has been helping her a lot. I sat up in my white bed and saw the sun rising up above the Empire State Building. It must've been early, around 7 a.m. I rested my barefeet on the warm hardwood (thanks to the hotel, the floors were heated! Amazing right?). I walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen and living room, where I saw my mom doing the 'Crescent'. I chuckled when I heard some of the yoga instructors on T.V. I went straight into the refridgerator and grabbed some orange juice. I poured it in my glass and saw my phone on the side of the counter vibrate. I looked at my mom who couldn't see me, and I picked up the cell phone. I walked into my room and closed the door.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone, sitting down on the bed.

"Babe? Is that you?" Jon's confused voice replied, and of course the vision of me and Brent flashed into my head. I gulped.

"Sure is," My voice said quietly, and I bit the bottom of my lip.

"Hey, I just wanted to call you, I miss you a lot,"

"We saw eachother yesterday!"

"Yeah, I know..Its just I won't see you for a long time after that." Jonathan said, and I heard some dishes clanging in the backround. Probably making some breakfast.

"I know. I have a break in a couple weeks, towards the middle of April. Maybe I can visit you then?"

"Playoff month? You ready for that intensity?"

"Are you questioning my ability to deal with your butt during that time? I have a brother in the NHL too, I am not new to this," I said angrily, clenching my jaw.

"Woah, woah okay. Didn't know that it was a sensitive subject."

"Its not! You underestimate me! You think I can't deal with all the emotional stress," I was almost raising my voice.

"Babe, calm down. I'm just kidding, okay?" He cooed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, okay. I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on." I said quietly. I didn't know what was going on with my feelings and I.

"Need someone to vent to?"

"I-you won't under-No, I'm okay," I stuttered, realizing he was my boyfriend. I almost told him I kissed his best friend/ teammate.

"You sure?" Jon asked uncertain.

"Yup. Listen, I need to go, um, Study," I lied. "I'll talk to you later."

"Whatever you want. Love you." He said gently. I felt some tears rising up and I wiped my eyes.

"Love you too," I choked out, and hung up the phone. I was so screwed. Everything was.

* * *

(Zac's P.O.V.)

I sat down at the table set for two. I didn't invite Brent to eat dinner with me for just anything. I needed to set his twenty something year old mind right. In the air was the scent of garlic and bread, from the table beside me. I drummed my fingertips on the table. I saw Brent's silhouette in the corner of my eye, then he sat down in front of me.

"Alright cheapskate Zac," He said with a smile. "Why are you inviting me to dinner?"

I chuckled after taking a sip of water and crossed my arms. "Oh, come on, You know why."

Brents face went through a field of emotions; the last one was a dark, and grave look on his face.

I smirked and leaned back in my chair. "At least you should tell someone you love them, you know, when they aren't taken. Thats what one usually does, but you're an outside-of-the-box type of guy. So I wasn't surprised."