Chapter 3

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

My phone alarm woke me up in a jolt. To me it sounds more like a bomb about to go off. I sat up, and loose pieces of my brown hair dangled in front of my hair. I yawned and sighed, knowing I had to wake up. I promised my self that during December I would learn how to play hockey. Play it good. Because it would be stupid if a professional hockey player's siblings didn't know how to play. I stretched and jumped out of bed, grabbing my black Trackpants and my Nike ski jacket. I put my bedhead hair into a high ponytail. I ran down the stairs quietly, making sure not to wake anyone up. I looked outside the backdoor window, where the clouds had left a thin layer of snow. I turned the door handle to go outside. The snowy Westchester air greeted me and I smiled.

I love waking up to this.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After skating around the pond a couple of times to warm up, I grabbed my Bauer stick out of the large, wet hockey bag. I tried a few slapshots, then shooting by skating around the back of the net and backhanding it.

I heard someone slam the door. Which scared me, so I looked back and then faceplanted into the snow.

"Oof." The snow was cold, so I quickly sat up and looked back to see who the delightful visitor was.

"Shoot, I didn't mean to scare you like that," Jon said, quickly running toward me to help me up. I grabbed his hand and pulled me up, which made me eye level with him.

"Its fine," I smiled. I took a big step and skated back on the ice and pick my stick up from the ground.

"I just couldn't help seeing who was playing, since I woke up to the 'ding' on the crossbar." He smiled, which made me melt.

"I didn't hit it that much,' I said crossing my arms.

"You did it loud enough, though. But I brought my skates out, because I do miss morning skate at 6:45," Jon said, sitting himself down on the wet ground and tying his skates.

"Okay, I don't mind company. It gets lonely out here sometimes, Y'know?" I shot the puck and it went top shelf.

Jon stood up and picked up his stick, which, I seriously wanted to shoot with. I skated toward the corner of the frozen pond. I sat down on the snow. He shot a couple times, and made every one.

"So damn good," I mumbled. Jon heard me and smiled. He skated toward the end of the pond and sat down next to me, stretching out his legs. The snow was really coming down now; the thin layer had now turned to at least an inch.

"Its so beautiful," I exclaimed, taking in the Winter Wonderland surroundings.

"It is," Jon agreed.

"Is this your first time in Westchester?" I loomed at him, and he nodded.

"Hopefully first of many," He smiled. I hoped so too. "I really like it here so far. Its nice to get away from the city sometimes."

"Totally," I agreed.

"So you go to NYU, Right?" Jon asked, trying to start a conversation. I was happy that he wasn't as awkward as I am.

"Yeah, so I get to go to the 'City a lot. I wanted to live at home instead of a dorm, because, well, they sorta scare me." I said, embarassed. "And because I cannot stand everything so crowded.

Jon laughed. "Scared of dormrooms!" I pushed him.

"It's not funny! I hear crazy stories about them," He rubbed his arm.

"Now I know where Zac gets all defensive from,' He teased. I rolled my eyes.

"Your dang right," I smiled. Jon scooted closer to me. "It's so cold!"

"C'mon Cap'n, suck it up," I teased, nudging him. It was weird-I felt more comfortable to talk to him.

"Hey," Jon said,getting my attention. "Zac and Meg invited me to go to this pizza place, and I don't feel like watching them cuddle with eachother the whole time, so do you want to come?" He asked, his eyes shining.

"Sure, why not," I smiled. Butterflies started in my stomach- although I tried to remain calm.

"We'll leave at 6:30. That good?" He asked.

"Perfect. I'm way to hungry, so I'm gonna get breakfast."

"I'll join you,"