Chapter 25

I heard knocking on the door and opened my eyes. Walking in the room was Brent. I would call him Seabs but he didn't deserve that right now.

I sat up and squinted at him. "What are you doing here and what do you want?"

He opened his mouth to say something, but it turned into a sigh. "I just want to talk to you, get this figured out. You and me both know you can't just kiss like that and not talk about it."

I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to talk about this right now, but it was the only time. Brent was out injured and all the guys were at the UC playing the Sharks. "All right, what's on your mind?"

His face look relieved that I said that instead of shooing him out and making more drama. Sometimes you just gotta get stuff done instead of avoiding it.

"Okay, well, let me start off by apologizing. It was totally and completely out of line for me to approach you like that when you have a boyfriend. Specifically a teammate's girlfriend." Brent spewed out fast, obviously nervous. I nodded and smiled.

"It's okay, just don't do it again. I know it's hard holding in feelings, but you have to do it sometimes. Eventually you will get over them." Now it was his time to nod.

"I will try. But there was also another thing I wanted to ask-er, no, talk about."

"O-kay."

"So there's this girl," He began, and I had to resist either 1. Rolling my eyes, or 2. Saying 'Aw' and teasing him about it. Instead, I didn't do any if them. He explained to me how he met her at a local coffee shop that she works at, how she makes the best lattes, and doesn't recognize him.

"What, you don't want her to know who you are?" I was confused.

"Yes, because that way I know she's not here just for me, you know, because I'm a hockey player. It's all about the money and the statuses for some girls."

I nodded. Most of the WAGS were fake and, as I like to call them, 'leeches'. They suck everything out of you including your money AND attention.
I shook off some of my cranky feelings and smiled. Brent was my friend, and I should be helping him out.
"She sounds great."
"You haven't heard anything, yet." He winked and started out of the doorway.
"I'm meeting her soon though!" I yelled after him.

*
A nurse studied my chart and nodded at herself. "The doctor will be here in a moment."
I saw the nurse leave the room and Doctor O'Hare enter it.
"So there's some good news."
"Okay?"
"You passed out because of dehydration."
I swallowed hard.
"which means your body isn't getting enough water. At some point, your brain will be taking stored water from your other organs therefore depleting them off doing their job."
I nodded. He continued.
"Mentally, how are you feeling? Stressed?"
Well, let's be honest, I'm always stressed. "Yes, just with school."
Dr. O'Hare gave me a sympathetic smile.
"You'll do fine. In the meantime, we are going to give you some vitamins you'll have to take and drink a lot of water. Until your urine is clear practically."
I scrunched up my nose. "When can I leave?"
"You may leave tonight."