Chapter 9

I tigten the grip on my crossed arms, and hang my head to avoid getting December raindrops in my eyes. I step up my pace from walking to jogging. As I enter the now quiet United Center, I smiled. I gave the special pass to the bodyguard and he nodded and gave it back. He opened the doors to the hallway, and I felt chills walking through the hallway that so many legends did. They had timelines across the walls, and glass frames of the stars on the team. I would stand there and look at the artwork. Its was honestly cool. I felt a pair of hands grab my waist and pick me up. His brown eyes. I smiled as Jon pecked my cheek. He put me down.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for your game?" I said, pushing him lightly in the chest. He was wearing an Under Armour shirt,shorts, and Adidas sandals with socks. I cracked up.

"What?" He asked.

"I cannot take you seriously with socks and sandals on.." I said, looking down at his feet and cracking up again. He looked down at himself and laughed.

"I embarass myself to easily," He laughed. I pat his shoulder sympathetically.

"Anywayy, Since I don't have to get ready in an hour, I am going to give you a tour. Le Jonathan Toews style," Jon said, grabbing my hand. He lead me down the hallway, to the fitness room.

"Ze fitness room," He used a fake French accent.

"You definately can speak French," I mumbled.

"Embrasse moi," Jon spoke in French, which gave me tingles throughout my whole body. It sounded a lot more attractive than English did.

"What does that mean?" I asked, sitting down next to him on the weight bench. His face neared me, and he whispered, "Kiss me." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked him on the lips. He smiled.

I stood up, and walked around the huge training room.

"I gotta show you the locker room!" He grabbed my wrist once more, and we ran down the carpeted hallway, to a wooden door.

"Are you ready?" He whispered too seriously. I rolled my eyes.

"Of course I am, you dork!" I huffed, punching his large arm. Jon opened the door. My mouth was agape. Here it was. Round shape, huge Blackhawks' Indian in the middle of the black carpet, and the jerseys hanging up.

"This is so cool!" I squealed, running over to Jon's locker.

"You might not want to go over there, the equipment stinks," He warned. I breathed through my nose, and smelled the stank. I held my nose with my fingers.

"God it does," I said, walking over to Jon. I held his hand and squeezed it.

"This is too amazing, thank you for the best tours of tours," I said, kissing his nose.

"Its not over yet. Follow me," He said, going through a white brick hallway, then out to the entrance of the rink. He grabbed my hand and led me out on the ice.

"Is this legal?" I asked, hearing my voice echo.

"Mhmm," He said, leading me to the center of the rink. I looked around, seeing the empty seats.

"Oh my gosh," I breathed out. It was amazing, just the two of us, in the middle of one of the greatest Centers in the U.S.

"Jon get off the ice!" A voice echoed. I looked at Jon.

"So it isnt legal, hm?" I said, crossing my arms.

"Nothing is legal with you babe,' He winked.

______________________________________________________________________________

I sat down in my seat and set my drink on the table. I was sitting with other players' girlfriends and family, so it was cool talking to them. Chicago was once leading, but Boston tied it up. Of course no one scored in OT, so it had to go to a shootout.