Chapter 24

*Omniscient P.O.V.*

"Okay so basically, the doctors going to have her stay a couple of nights to rest up, do some tests.."Jonathan said to the first group of guys in his eye sight. Which were the closest to Emma.

"Okay, but what is wrong with her exactly?" Zac inquired. Most of the times when Emma when to Chicago, anything that happened to her was Zac's fault.

"They haven't told me. They mentioned something with dehydration or she just wasn't eating enough the last couple of days. So that could've been why she passed out." Jonathan said, while pulling out one of the white, plastic chairs. "She should be okay though."

"Lets hope so. All right boys, lets get back to this card game, shall we?"

Jonathan got the hint that they didn't want to talk anymore, so he walked over to the vending machine to get a water bottle. All of this stressing made him thirsty.

"Excuse me?" A squeaky voice interrupted Jon and his thoughts. "Can you sign something for me?" Jon turned around to see a little girl, approximately two feet smaller than him. Her big blue eyes shone with excitement. Her blonde, almost white hair was pulled back in a ponytail. He remembers what it was like to be a young fan and see one of your favorite players. Especially one you looked up to.

Jon flashed a smile. "Of course!" She took a puck out from where she was hiding it behind her back and handed it to Jon. Luckily, he had a feeling there would be some fans there and took out a silver Sharpie. In two swift moves he signed his name and added his classic #19.

He handed it back to her.

"Thank you!" Before Jon could respond, the small little girl ran back to her parents.

* * *

"Hi Emma, I'm Doctor O'Hare." An taller, older man who could pass as my own grandfather held out his hand. Weakly, I shook it. Dr. O'Hare had bright white hair on the top of his head and a relatively large nose. "How are you feeling? Better, hopefully?" He sat down in one of the leather chairs.

I shrugged. Mostly because I wasn't actually sure how I felt at this exact moment.

He gave me a gentle smile. "Tomorrow we will start the tests, if you're physically and mentally up to it. Right now you are here to eat and rest up."

I nodded and felt relieved. All I wanted to do was sleep.

When I arrived at the hospital, the nurses told me they had hooked me up to some IV that consisted of water and glucose. "Thank you." I replied.

"And just remember, if you have any questions I am here to help!" With that, he left the room.

I eyed the TV remote on the nightstand and grabbed it. I had been so graciously set up in a room with some type of electric entertainment. Gladly not any type of children's books.

I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels. It was around 6:30, so I turned on the Rangers pre-game. I'd been so busy lately I hadn't checked on my favorite team in a while. It was one of their last games in the regular season, and supposedly they were in the playoffs by a small margin.

"Emma?" The recognizable voice turned my attention to the door. It was my brother Zac. I smiled and motioned for him to come in. "You doing all right bud?" He stood next to my bed, looking at all the machines around my bed that were beeping.

"Yeah, I would say OK. I just want to sleep, to be honest with you."

He smiled. "Good, you haven't changed one bit! You're still that lazy sister of mine!" He ruffled my hair and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't get a concussion, I just passed out. No big deal."

"No big deal? Tell me you didn't just say that." Zac said, finally settling down into a chair. "Aren't you becoming a doctor? This stuff is serious I thought. Something could be wrong with you, besides the obvious."

I groaned. "I can kick you out of here if I want, no stressing the patient!"

He held his hands out in surrender, and got up from the chair. "I'll tell the guys you're still the same, cranky lady you were before."

Before he ran out the door, I remembered something. Or someone.

"Zac!" He turned around and looked at me amusingly.

"Missed me all ready? I was one foot out the-"

"Get Jonny please!" I cut him off, but he was more confused at the new nickname I had for Jon.

"O-okay I will." He waved and went off to retrieve Jon.

I looked back to the TV and resumed watching it. The puck finally had dropped and I was happy.

So far the Rangers were doing well in the offensive zone. It was about less than a minute into the game and they already had 3 shots on goal. I heard a knock on the door and saw Jon smiling. My lips curled up into a grin. "Get over here!" I said, waving for him to come by the bed. I missed him for the short period of time I was unconscious. He enveloped me into a hug and I inhaled his scent. I couldn't help but smile again. Whatever was wrong with me, I was pretty sure I was okay now.

* * *

Authors note~

IM SORRY THIS WAS SO SHORT AND I apologize for not uploading in a while. aka 6 months awhile. woops.

Well enjoy and hopefully I can go back to updating regularly instead of an annoying snails pace. a dead snails pace.

love y'all foreverrr and keep being your pretty selves.