Chapter 15

"So what are you studying?" A light brown haired girl appeared over my shoulder. Her hair was stick-straight, and she had hazel eyes rimmed with purple liner. Her pale skin reflected off her oversized, blue sweatshirt.

"Bio-Chem," I replied, hunching back to look at my textbook. She 'Hm'ed' and sat down next to me. "Can I help you?" I asked her, getting just slightly annoyed at her. Sure, any distraction from this study time was amazing. But someone randomly approaching me was just a little strange.

"Well, I'm bored. And you looked like a nice person so I wanted to talk to you," She said, pulling a strand of her bangs behind her ears.

"Thanks, but I absolutely need to study. Cohesive properties of water make no sense, at all. At least not to me," And with a reply, my phone suddenly rang. I looked at the Caller I.D.- Jon.

|Jon's P.O.V|

"Just try and call her," Seabs suggested. "She might not be in class." I ran my fingers through my hair. He handed the phone to me. "Might as well try, man." Seabs smiled. I dialed her number and heard it ring for a few seconds, then the angelic voice I've been waiting for picked up.

"Jon?' Em whispered through the phone. "I'm in the library right now, but heading outside right now." I heard some ruffling and a door close. "Okay, you can talk now," She laughed.

"Babe," I said out of breath, still nervous to talk to her.

"Mhmm," She mumbled.

"I miss you so much," I said, smiling and listening to her laugh. The one I longed for.

"Me too, the days cannot go any slower. Plus it doesn't help when you have the most boring class in the world.I mean what the heck is Biochemistry? I'm surprised my brain hasn't imploded yet!" She rambled. "Shoot, I'm talking to much. Sorry."

I chuckled then said, "Keep talking, I like hearing your voice." She giggled and started talking again.

"Well, let's see..I'm starting to give Starbucks most of the money in their register. They see me so much that I don't need to tell them what I want. Its the usual. Although I really want to try the Vanilla Bean Frappucino. Supposedly it's 'heaven in a bottle'? I don't know." I heard her huff through the phone. "I got nothing else."

"Well I got something," I whispered.

"Oh, and what's that Mr Toews?"

"I'm coming to New York in two and a half weeks!" I practically yelled through the phone.

"Really?!" I could imagine her excited face, and toothy grins. "God, now the seconds can't get any slower. But, I might have to, weeeelll,"

"Well what?"

"Wearmyrangersjersey." She mumbled.

"Wait what?"

"Wear....myrangersjersey,"

"No, you wouldn't,"

"Fine I'll cut each jersey in half so I'm supporting both teams."

"How will you-"

"Don't ever underestimate the power of duct tape. That is the sticky gold."

I laughed, incredibly hard.

"What's it gonna say then?"

"Hmm...either Toews' Moore or Moore Girl."

"Moore, as in John Moore?" I asked, feeling a tang of jealousy. Even if its a jersey.

"Yes babe, Shoot I'll call you back. My mom's calling. Something's wrong, I don't know what it is," I could hear the nervousness in her voice.

"Alright. I love you,"

"I love you too, it's not funny. Okay, now I really have to go. Bye." She hung up, and I turned off my phone.

"Better?" Seabs asked. I just remembered he was there.

I nodded and smiled. "Alot,"

|Em's P.O.V.|

"Mom! Is everything okay?!" I gasped through the phone.

"Someone...They-they robbed us! They broke in and the house...Oh Em," I felt the shock twirl through my veins. Emotions started turning like a tidal wave.

I took a deep breath. "But you're okay?" I asked, having horrid scenes of blood splattered on the carpet. Thats what happens when you watch NCIS too much.

"Yes, It happened when I was out shopping. If only I locked it.." My mom's voice shook.

"I'll try to get home as fast as I can," I said, already jogging towards the train station. "Just be safe, and call me if anything else goes wrong." We said our goodbyes and hung up. I crossed my fingers and prayed that nothing else would happen. I quickly bought the last tickets there were, and ran aboard the 3:15 train.

*1 hour later*

I got out of the cab in front of my house. There was a couple police cars, and 'Do not enter' signs. I ducked under the neon orange tape and slid through the tiny space between cars.

"Excuse me ma'am, do you have authorization to enter?" A tall, slim police officer stopped me.

"Sir, this is where I live," I said in a firm voice.

"Can I see your driver's license?" I dug through my wallet and gave him the card. He studied it and gave it back. "Go right ahead."

I walked through my house, in shambles. I spotted Mom and she smiled.

"Oh Em," She wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back. "They found some blood and bullets. They told us there was a shoot out. The robber was armed and I guess someone was after him. They were armed too." Goosebumps ran up my arm. It was a scary feeling. Knowing that all went down while you were away. That someone took and saw your personal items. Like those framed pictures of my family along the wall.

"I have to get air." I mumbled, and walked out of the house. I took out my phone and called Zach.

"Hello?"

"Zach?"

"Emma! Whats up?!" He said cheerfully.

"Zach...listen. Someone broke into our house, and a person was after him. Both of them were armed and shot eachother." The line was silent for a while.

"Oh God..is everyone okay?"

"Yes, thankfully. I was at school and Mom was out shopping."

"Oh good. What did they take?"

"I have no clue. I couldn't stay in there for more than five minutes." My voice lowered when a News 9 Van drove by and stopped.

"All right. Keep me updated. Shawzer is being annoying again. I got to go, Bye." The other line went silent and I sighed.

I ran up to the front desk of a Marriott hotel nearby.

"Hello ma'am. Can I help you?" A flight attendant looking lady with pulled back hair and a white button up shirt asked me.

"Uh yeah. I need to book a room. For like four people."

"Okay, we can book you a suite. Does that sound good?"

"Yeah sure, awesome."