Chapter 12

"Okay, what else do we need?" Brent said, grabbing the piece of paper from my hand. He studied the paper and gave it back to me.

"I am not that good in finding dolls, but I know where the American Girl place is," Memories flooded in my mind of going there. Yeah, I was a stereotypical little girl who loved anything to do with pink, butterflies, and dolls. And princesses.

I quickly snapped back into reality. "Okay, well, lets go, while the guys are getting other stuff."

We both walked side by side, joking and talking. Finally we reached 835 Michigan Avenue, where our second to last item was needed. We walked in, and then completely lost.

"Where do we find this?" I whispered to Brent.

He shrugged. "How should I know? I'm a man! Thank God I haven't visited this yet," He shook his head, then almost ran into a 4-foot little girl. "Jeez, I don't even belong here either,"

"That's not true! Think of all the dad's that come in here!" I said, punching his arm.

"Lets just, go find a salesperson,"

Both our eyes landed on a short and stout lady. We practically sprinted to her.

"Um Hi, could you help us find this? The 'Addy' doll? " I looked at her name tag, and it said Carol.

She smiled sweetly and nodded. "Are you two married?" She asked, leading us to the Addy doll.

"Ha, Ha, No, we aren't," I said, as my cheeks did flare up.

"She's actually dating one of my best friends," He told Carol. She simultaneously laughed with Brent. I pretended to smile, and shifted my eyes when they weren't looking. What is so funny about that?

"Alright well here is the doll," Carol handed us the box. "You can purchase it right up there." She pointed toward the burgundy cashier counters. "Oh and have a good day!"

"You too!" I chirped. Brent and I walked toward the counter and placed down the long box.

"Is this it?" The man asked. We both nodded, and I grabbed the bag from the cashier. Brent started taking out his card.

"No, I can't let you pay," I shook my head. "Especially for a doll," I quickly took out my purse and my wallet.

"Well I'm certainly not letting you pay. A gentleman always pays," He said, sliding through the blue card. I sighed and pouted. He patted my head.

"Its okay. I just got a text from the guys; They got all the stuff. We can head back to the UC!" He cheered, as we started walking out the doors.

"Lets go then!" I said, grabbing his arm and running back to assure our win.

Can't wait to see the Menu's specials :)

****

"Yes! Beat that Mr. Toews!" Nick, Patrick and I all high-fived eachother.

"Jeez! I want a sister like you!" Brandon fistbumped with me. I laughed and blushed.

"I am not that cool, seriously." I said, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Not that cool? You're gonna blow Jonny's confidence to 1. Well, you're a girl, so maybe a 0." Patrick laughed. I shrugged and sat down on the chair. We all heard Jon and the others guy's voices in he hall, before the door. They were all yelling and shouting on how they 'beat us so bad'. Wait until they walked in.

And they did. Their mouths hung open and dry. Duncan had enough guts saying, "I'm on Emma's team next time."

"So, did you guys beat us that bad?" I asked, crossing my arms and standing up. I walked towards Jon, and leaned ny forehead against his.

"Where are we going to eat, hm?" I smirked. He pulled away at my grasp and genuinely smiled.

"Yeah I lost, can I make it up to you some other way, love?" He said, stroking my cheek. I looked back at the boys, and they shook their heads. "Don't fall for it, Em," Brent said, shaking his head. I removed Jon's hand from my face.

"Eh, lunch still sounds good to me," I smirked, pecking Jon's cheek. He rolled his eyes and I heard the guys stifling laughter from behind.

"You sure know how to get him," Patrick said, resting his arm on my shoulder, and laughing on our way to a restaurant Jon promised to pay at.

"Damn straight," I said with a smile.