Chapter 2

"So you don't thing mom will mind?" Zac asked me, worried that our mom might say 'No' to Jonathan staying over. Ironically, he had Jonathan sit in the front next to me (He must've realized that my cheeks were a burning crimson color).

"For the last time, No she won't care, You know how she is. Think about Christmas '08 when she basically invited everyone and we had to sleep on cots in the basement?" I said, turning the steering wheel into our neighborhood. I could see Jonathan smirking about what I just said.

"Oh yeah, That was insane," Zac agreed. I turned into our driveway. Our house was a white Colonial-styled house with dark green shutters.

Jon and Zac quickly got out of the car and grabbed their luggage. I walked slowly behind them. I walked up the stone steps and Jon opened the door for me after Zac pratically ran inside.

"After you," He said, smiling.

"Thank you,"My cheeks were burning once again. The house had the familiar smell I left with; Airwick's Apple and Cinnamon freshener.

I took off my coat and slid off my gray UGGs.

Jon and Zac must've took off someplace, I thought. I shrugged and padded to the kitchen.

It was warm and cosy, with brown and red hues taking over the kitchen.

"Hey mom," I said, plopping down on the wooden bar-stool chairs. Her back was facing toward me, so I didn't want to scare her when she turned around.

"Hi Em. Everything make out okay at the airport?"

"Oh yeah, just fine. You know that Zac invited someone to stay right?"

"Yup, Jon? He's very sweet," I almost coughed out the water I was drinking. Real Smooth Emma, real freaking smooth.

"You alright?" My mom faced toward me. Her blue eyes were full of concern. I nodded.

"I think I'm gonna go upstairs to my room," I shuffled out of the kitchen and up the dark colored wood stairs. I walked into my room, then walked out again, noticing the guest bedroom Jonathan was staying was right next to mine. Oh great.

I tiptoed back into my room. I changed into gray NYU sweats and a pretty big Chicago Blackhawks shirt with 'Miller' on the back. The cream colored rug welcomed my feet, and I jumped on top of the rich lavender bed. I sighed and closed my eyes. I didn't feel like eating anyway.

* * *

I woke up to loud footsteps and noise in the kitchen. I turned over and saw that the clock read 1:34 AM. Who the hell is up this early? Then I thought of something else: burglars.

A shiver went through me. I walked silently out of my room and grabbed the wooden bat my Dad hides behind a vase of fake bamboo. I tiptoe down the stairs, and got ready to use the wooden bat I thought I never ever would have to use. Inching closer to the kitchen, I notice a shadow. I gulp and ninja-jump in the kitchen. Before I throw a wack, I realize its not a burglar. Its Jon.

"Holy shnit, you gave me a freaking heart attack," I said, putting my hand over my heart. He cracks up. I rub my eyes, trying to adjust to the light. Once I do, I realize that Jon is shirtless.

Holy shnit. My once reliable legs were now gummy worms. Also, that my eyes were staring at his toned chest for too long. I looked up at him and immediatly apologized. He smiled and waved it off. He grabbed his sweatshirt and pulled it over.

"Anyway, why are you up this early, or late?" I asked him, leaning against the doorway.

"I can't sleep, and I'm really hungry."

"Too bad I dont know any pizza places that are opened to 2 in the morning," I grinned.

I continued, "But I do know what helps me fall asleep really fast,"

"Keep it coming," He said.

"Playing NHL 13. Weird, I know. But the taste of winning always helps me sleep," I smiled and locked eyes with him.

"A girl wanting to play video games? Fine, bu-

"But you can't be the Blackhawks," I said, smirking and crossing my arms. This is serious to me.

"Fine, you can't be them either," He said pointing at my CB shirt.

"Fine," I said mocking his voice. He rolled his eyes but I knew he secretly enjoyed it.

* * *

After playing 5 games, we both fell asleep quickly.

"I am so sorry she is sleeping on you,"

"No, its fine, I enjoy the company," His laugh vibrated his stomach which made me even more awake.

"And look, she's sleeping really peacefully,"

I opened my eyes and sat up, noticing my Mom, Dad and Zac left. I look back and see Jon smiling.

"I am so sorry, really. Its so rude of me to have don-"

"Its okay, I enjoyed while it lasted," My heart skipped a beat when he said that. I blushed and silently thanked God for bringing him here.