Chapter 17

I grabbed Jon's hand and dragged him thrugh the entrance of the zoo.

"Welcome to one of the best places on earth," I said excitedly, looking at Jon's wandering eyes. He smiled and looked down at me.

"I could understand why, it's so active, and beautiful. It's like you." He winked. I rolled my eyes and tightened my grip around his large arm.

"Where do you want to go? We could go to see the penguins, or the seals, the lions, polar bears. It's endless," I said, pulling away from his arm and twirling around to look at everything.

"Lets keep walking, see where we will end up, yeah?" He said, grabbing my hand and swinging our arms back and forth. We passed a lot of families, small and large. Then, we stopped at the polar bears.

'Ha, look at that one," Jon pointed towards one that was eating some meat in a weird but funny way. I giggled and the bears looked at us.

"Their paws are huge," Jon said, opening up his hand and spreading it out, trying to guestimate how big their paws might be. I shoved his hand down.

"Don't even try. Their paws can get up to a foot." I smiled and grabbed his hand. "I think yours is just big enough for my hand."

He smiled and quickly gave me a peck on the lips. "I think yours is too."

"Excuse me, Can I get a picture with you and autograph?" A little boy tugged at Jon's jacket. Jon looked at me and I nodded. I also couldn't help but smile.

"Of course! What's your name?"

"Patrick." The little boy smiled a toothy grin.

"Patrick? I know some people named that." Jon smiled and signed Patrick's jersey.

"Alright ready for the picture?" Jon asked and Patrick's mom whipped her camera out.

"Okay, smile!" She cheered. They both smiled, and I felt weak at the knees when I looked at Jon. The camera flashed and I blinked. After the picture, Patrick summoned Jon to come towards him.

"Is that your girlfriend? She's pretty" I heard him ask, and I broke out in a giggle. Jon nodded and looked at me.

Speaking loud on purpose he said "Yep, isn't she? But she's dangerous, be careful of women like that when your a big boy, okay?" Jon teased and I rolled my eyes. Patrick's mom laughed.

"Well we better get going, thank you for the picture. Patrick say thank you." I heard a small, high pitched thank you.

****

"So you really think I'm dangerous?" I asked Jon, crossing my arms as we walked out of the zoo.

"Look at you, you would give anyone heart palputations."

I blushed and looked down. "So I'd give people heart attacks?"

"If you did, I would've died already," He replied with a wink and wrapped an arm around me.

"Lets stop here!" I yelled, pointing to a hot dog cart.

"You want hot dogs?"

i shrugged. "Why not right?" He nodded and and we walked towards it.

"What can I get for you two, little lovely couple?" A wide woman with rosy cheeks and curly hair asked us.

Jon and I both laughed at the same time. "I think we want two hot dogs, and maybe add those ketchup packets on the side so I can squeeze them at her." Jon smirked and the lady laughed. She handed us two, delicious smelling pieces of meat in a bun, with the ketchup packets.

"Don't forget to fight back!" The lady warned me before I walked away.

"Thif is sof good!" Jon said with his mouth full of food. I laughed.

"Its food. In the middle of New York. It's bound to be good." Mimes passed by us, along with runners, teens with guitars on their backs and people with dogs. A good feeling started in my stomach, like the good, excited kind of butterflies. This is what made me happy, and this is a place where I belonged. In the arms of someone I love and around the city I knew so well.

"We probably should get going, Its two o'clock and I like getting to the 'Away' arena early." Jon said, getting up. I groaned.

"Do we really have to leave now?" I dragged Jon's hand. He sighed.

"I'm sorry Em, it's those pregame ritua-"

"No I get it. But after the game, you're all mine." I winked.

* * *

"It's good to see you Mr. Kane," I waved at Kaner's dad, whose been my seat buddy for the Hawks' home games.

"Hey Emma! Long time no see, ya?" I nodded and sat down next to him in our box seats. I was a season ticket holder, so that helped. "I see you're sporting the Chicago jersey. Did Jon knock some sense into you about team you should root for?" He laughed.

"Ah, don't be so sure quite yet." I showed him my Rangers shirt underneath. He shook his head in disapproval. Now it was my time to laugh.

"I have to root for my Rags no matter what." I proudly said while crossing my arms.

Finally, the puck dropped. There was a lot of action going on, especially between Jon and John Moore. John Moore was one of my favorite players on the Rangers, and Jon knew that. I shrugged it off. It was just a game, nothing more. They were supposed to be that physical. Carl Hagelin, skated fast up the right side for a coast to coast shot, and it barely slid past Crawford. The horn went off.

"Yeah!" I stood up and clapped. I got a couple of looks from people, because I was wearing a Hawks jersey. Who said you can't root for another team in a different jersey, right?

"I thought you wanted the Hawks?" Mr. Kane asked. I sat back down.

"I'm rooting for both teams," I smiled, and he shook his head and laughed.

"How can you want both?"

"Its not impossible!" I argued, but then went to paying attention to the game.

After the 2nd intermission, the Hawks were down by two. Even though Jon was playing good, he wasn't playing like himself. He had some turnovers, and he tried starting a couple fights. I guess Coach noticed that too, since I barely saw him play. Shaw helped by trying to even the game, and stuffed the puck into the goal. Mr. Kane and I both stood up and high fived eachother. Five minutes later, Jon took a wrist shot to the goal, and it tied the game. I smiled, knowing whatever funk he was in the beginning if the game, was gone. I sat on the edge of the seat and sipped my Coke in the final three minutes. Any close hockey game like this was bound to get crazy at the end. And it did.

Derek Stepan stole the puck from Crawford behind the net, and shot it in. The Garden went absolutely crazy and wild. So did I.