Chapter 16

"Mom?" I called through the suite from the living room.

"Yep, I'm in my bedroom," She called back. I walked through the mystical suite we decided to live in for now. We both had our own bedrooms, there was a living room with a flat screen, and a really fancy dining room. Not like we would we use that, but its beautiful nonetheless. I walked to the ash colored doorway of her room.

"Hey Mom, I brought some groceries." I stated, hopefully she would realize that I took an hour and a half trip to buy some food. I mean, aren't moms supposed to buy food for their starving children?

"Oh thats great, but I'm going out with the girls tonight," She smiled, clipping an earring to her ear. I nodded and waved her off, heading back to my own room. I personalized it, for the couple weeks we were here. Instead of a plain vanity, I added some of my makeup and perfume to make it pleasing to the eye. I added my picture frames to the bedside table. And my school books sprawled out on the desk. I fell back on my bed, and just stared at the ceiling. My phone started vibrating, then eventually fell of my desk. Oh. And kept vibrating. I groaned and rolled off the bed and thumped in the cold, hard wood floors. I reached my phone, and grabbed it to check who was calling. I scrolled the missed calls and found Jon's name. I had to smile at that. I clicked his name and the phone started ringing.

"Emma!"

"Hey! I'm sorry, I've been out all day and of course I forget my phone."

"It's fine. I was just calling you because...well I missed you. And I can't help but miss your voice."

I smiled, and bit my lip.

"But what I had on mind? Well, you'll have to guess it." Jon said through the phone. I groaned. I hated when he made me guess.

"Uh..I don't know. You're on the same line as Jamal Meyers?" I giggled, knowing he's on the fourth line.

"What? No, I'm not that bad," He laughed, "But thats not it."

"You sure you're not that bad?" I teased him.

"If I were there Emma I swear I would-"

"Do what? I'm not scared of you, Jonathan Toes," I purposely annunciated his last name wrong, knowing that ticks him off. "You can't even fight."

I could see him roll his eyes. "Just guess."

"I don't know," I sighed. "You bought some new shoes?"

"Noooooo!" He laughed. "I'm coming to New York a little earlier than usual,"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I gotta go! Love you!" He said quickly into the phone and hung up the phone. That was really weird. I stood up and heard the doorbell.

"Coming!" I yelled, and I sprinted like Usain Bolt to the door. I opened it, and there it was, standing in all its glory leaning against the doorframe.

"Hey Emma," Jon said, smirking. My mouth was agape, I couldn't believe it. I shut and opened the door again. He was still there. It wasn't a dream or anything.

I squealed and wrapped my arms around his neck. Everything came back, his strong arms, his scent, and his warmth. "I missed you so much," I mumbled through his shoulder. He pecked my cheek and wrapped his arms around my waist. And looked at me.

"This is what I have been waiting for weeks."

"Dido babe," I closed the gap inbetween us. His lips still felt the same, soft and warm. We pulled apart.

Jon looked past me to the hotel room. "So this is where you're living right now?" He said, walking through the living room.

"Yeah, it's okay,"

"But it's not like home right?" He asked, smiling with his beautiful brown eyes. I nodded and felt tears swell up. I swallowed them back.

"So, what are we gonna do in New York?" Jon asked, walking towards me and resting his hands on my hips.

"Anything you want," I said looking up into his eyes.

"Hm. Well I don't know much or anything at all about this place."

"We could go to the Central Park Zoo?" I smiled. "Its one of my favorite places."

"Well lets go then, yeah?"