Chapter 6

'Dingdingdingdingding," The phone rang. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Emma?" Mrs. Kemp asked. Mrs. Kemp always asked me to babysit her six year old girl, Lizzie. Lizzie was a small four foot girl, with blue eyes and blonde wavy hair.

"Yes its me Mrs. Kemp," I said, patiently.

"I have to go into the City today, do you mind Babysitting Lizzie for me?" She asked, a hint of frustration in her voice.

"Of course, If you want she can sleep over, so you don't have to worry about her getting to bed late," I offered. She agreed with it.

"Okay I'll pick her up now," I said.

"Thats great! Thank you Em so much!" Mrs. Kemp exclaimed.

"No prob'm." I hung up the phone and grabbed my leather jacket, and slipped on my gray wool TOMS. I ran out the front door, across the street to the light green, Ranch house. I rang the door bell and Lizzie opened the door.

"Emma!" She shouted, wrapping her arms around my legs.

"Haha Hi there Lizzie. Long time no see, huh?" I said picking her up.

"Yeah!" She said. Mrs. Kemp waddled to the front door. Her auburn curly hair was more of a bush this morning, and she was wearing coffee colored pajamas.

"Thank you so much Emma!" Mrs. Kemp waved as I left their front steps and crossed the road with Lizzie in my arms.

"So what are we going to do today?" Lizzie asked, slipping her pink Cowboy boots off, and coat off. She hung it up on the hooks.

"Hmm," I said, tapping my chin. I kneeled down so I could be eye level with her. "Do you have any ideas Lizzie?" She thought for a moment, then a huge smile spreaded out on her face.

"Can we bake some cookies, then go to the park?" She asked, her blue eyes big.

I nodded. "Of course, Lizzie. What kind of cookies?" I asked, getting out the ingredients.

"Chocolate chip cookies!" I nodded and realized she was like the little sister I never had.

_________________________________________________________________________________

While we were waiting for the cookies to bake, Lizzie insistsd we'd make tiaras (She was in the Disney Princess craze). Lizzie made hers sparkly, with stick on gems. I helped her put it on. Jon walked into kitchen. Lizzie looked back and her eyes went wide.

"I knew I smelled cookies!" He said, as he opened the oven where they were cooking. He looked up and saw Lizzie, and grinned.

"Now who's this?" Jon asked sweetly, pulling out a chair and sitting next to Lizzie.

"Princess Lizzie," I said, smiling.

"Well, how rude of me!" He said, getting up and bowing, as if she really were a princess. I chuckled, and Lizzie blushed.

"So who are you?" She asked, helping me make my tiara extra sparkly.

"I'm Jon, and I'm her prince,"Jon said, pointing to me. I giggled. Lizzie looked excited.

"You're like Beauty and the beast!" She gushed, looking at us. Jon and I both cracked up.

"Who's the beast then?" He said laughing. Lizzie pointed at him smiling, and We laughed even harder.

'Ding.' The timer alarmed us.

"Yes the cookies are done!" Jon fistpumped and Lizzie and I laughed. I took the cookies out of the oven. I slid the cookies off the tray onto a plate with a spatula, and Jon and Lizzie hovered over the plate. Lizzie wasn't tall enough to reach the counter, so Jon picked her up and plopped her down the counter. I laughed when They were gushing about the cookies.