Chapter 14

I sighed as I exited the tunnel, finally landing in New York. I didn't want to leave. His warm arms, his funny laugh and smile. And his deep, brown eyes. Those are all the things I missed the moment I took my eyes off him. My heart had a sharp pain, and an emptiness feeling. I would have to go back to the old grind; school, trying to find a small job, and just family. I doubted I would have enough time for a job, I had medical school to finish! I pulled my phone out of my purse and tapped away on my Iphone, telling my mom and dad I'd just landed. I dropped it back into my purse, and gripped the wheeling suitcase that was trailing behind me.

I walked past couples, families, businessmen or women. There were some levels I had to walk through to get to the first level, where my mom was waiting for me. I saw her with a sign that said, 'Em Miller' that she was holding. I ran up to her, with a huge grin. Once she saw me, she smiled and wrapped her arms around me. Her berry-scented perfume filled my nostrils, which reminded me of the lady I had missed.

"Hi sweetie," She said, smiling and pulling me out of the hug. "Did you have a good time and flight?"

"Yeah, I did. I just miss him already," I grumbled, as I hung my head. She patted my back.

"You'll see him soon, trust me. The wait will be over before you know it," Mom said, taking my heavy suitcase and dragging it behind her.

We exited the entrance of La Guardia, and starting climbing through the many levels of the parking garages.

***

|Jon's P.O.V|

"Oh shut up Shawzer, you can't even get a good shot these days!" I yelled at Andrew in the rink.

"At least My bad shots can go in!" He cheekily smiled at me, when he took a wrist shot, and it went in. He saluted me and I rolled my eyes.

"Alright guys, practice is over!" Coach whistled from the red line. "Get your butts back here tonight!" He yelled, then went back to his office. I skated off the rink, and started to take off my helmet. When I reached the locker room, the guys were huddled around Crawfors's phone.

"What are you guys lookin' at?" I asked them, as I sat down in my cubicle and removed my skates.

"Uh, just the coolest fan shoes I've ever seen!" Corey exclaimed, then shoving his phone in my face. There were Converse painted with all the guys faces and nicknames on it. Including me. I smiled and laughed at my face. "Where'd you find them?"

"My cousin saw them, and took a picture lf them!" Corey said, turning off his phone.

"I don't think they got my nose right," Hossa commented. "They drew it so big!"

"Hate to break it to you buddy, I think your nose is just that big," Keith said, and Hossa whipped his sweaty jersey in Keith's face. All the guys laughed, and I shook my head.

"They made my hair way too long!"

"Guys, shut up! She drew it fine!

"Oh so it's a girl?!"

"All of you! A fan took their time to do that! So just shuddep!" Kaner yelled over their loud voices. All of them were taken back by it, but nodded their heads.

"How's Emma?" Brent nudged my arm. I shrugged.

"She's okay. I miss her so much, man!" I held my head in my hands. Brent patted my back.

"We play the Rangers two weeks from now. You should visit her then." He suggested. I smirked.

"I thought of that a long time ago, trust me. But thanks anyway, Seabs." I thanked him and put my pads back in the locker.

"Yeah no problem. I deal with that stuff all the time." He said quietly, and pushed through the exit door.

Most of the guys had left, and I was the last one left. Everything is making me more slow, more distracted. I've only been like that twice; When I left my family for college, and when I left them to play for the Hawks. What was up? Did I really miss her that much? I shrugged it off, and pulled a black sweatshirt over my head. I pushed the doors and exited the practice rink.

***

|Emma's P.O.V.|

"So what did you all do?" Mom asked, gripping the tan, leather steering wheel.

"Nothing really," I replied, looking out the car window.

"Nothing?" She poked my arm.

"Focus on your driving," I commented, and Mom huffed.

"Don't tell me you're turning into dad. We already have one, we don't need another."

I rolled my eyes and fiddled with the radio. She turned off the radio.

"Hey!" I said, quickly turning it back on. She turned it off again.

"Not until you tell me!" Mom sang. I groaned and dropped my head against the seat.

"Fine, we had a couple of dates. And I went to every home game. Thats all I did!"

She nodded her head. "It wasn't that hard, now was it?" She smiled, and pat my head.

"Colleen!" I yelled her first name. "Hocus FOCUS."

She rolled her eyes and turned into the driveway.

Home.

I got out of the car, and pulled my suitcase out of the Chevy Tahoe's trunk.

"Careful, there's a huge black ice patch just before the brick pathway," My mom warned, stepping out of the front seat and pulling her black coat closer to her.

"Okay mom," I said, stepping over the hazard-patch.