Chapter Twenty Seven

Alyssa's P/O/V

I couldn't even talk, I was so shocked. She must be my long lost twin! I mean seriously, you'd have to be stupid not to realize it. We both stared at each other, not saying a word. "Your one too?" She finally asked in disbelief. I nodded and sighed. "I have some explaining to do." I said and rested on my elbows. She reached up and locked the bathroom door before turning back to me.

"Now I am going to ask you some questions that may seem weird, but I need you to answer them." I stated hoping I didn't sound to creepy, she nodded with a confused look on her face. "Okay..." Taylor replied and said it more as a question.

"Your eighteen right?" I asked and she nodded gesturing for me to go on. "Have you been in foster homes?" Taylor looked a bit taken back as she drew in her breath. "Yes actually, my whole life." She responded with a sigh at the end.

"Last question, do you know anything about your birth family?"

Taylor looked at the ground awkwardly. "No." Her voice was so quiet I could barely hear it. But those were all the answers I needed to know.

"We are twins." I stated confidently, she furrowed her eyebrows. "We just met and your saying we are twins!"

I sighed and sat up as I began to feel myself drying off. "I was always told that I had a long lost twin named Taylor. We are the same age and we are both mermaids. Not to forget the necklaces." I said as if it was obvious, she scoffed. "Yeah whatever." She replied as her tail began to dry.

We both got our legs back and she started to walk away but I grabbed her arm. "Taylor you have to believe me. I know its hard to believe but cant you see, its obvious!" I half shouted to her, she snatched her arm away. I watched as she stood there, emotionless. "Okay... I believe you." She stated quietly after a long pause.

I couldn't help myself, I wrapped my arms around her and she laughed a bit. "Its going to be hard explaining this to the guys." Taylor said as we pulled away, I gave her a confused look and she playfully rolled her eyes. "Never mind." I shrugged and we walked out of the bathroom. I wasn't sure where we were going, I guess back to her table.

We arrived and she stood there as I got questioning looks from everyone. "I have to go, I will meet you at the hotel tonight, okay?" Taylor asked almost as if it was a command. I kept back a laugh as they looked at her like she was crazy. "Taylor what is going on?" The lady with dark brown hair asked, Taylor shrugged not answering her question.

"I have to go, but I know where the hotel is. Sorry I will have to miss your first concert Austin." Taylor said looking to the guy with dark brown hair and a snapback. He was still confused but he also looked hurt after he said that. I looked across the table and saw a boy with floppy hair watching Taylor's every move. He's kind of cute.

I pushed the thought away as Taylor grabbed my arm and pulled me out onto the dock where the water was. We stood at the edge and saw what I am guessing to be her family rushing over to us and the lady looked angry. I took off my apron and she grabbed my arm, without thinking we both dove into the water. I looked over to her and she gave me a smile as she blew bubbles out of her nose.

We swam far away before we came up to take a breath. She looked back and swam to the top, I followed her to the surface. "What are we doing?" I asked with a chuckle. She smirked and replied "If we are twins shouldn't we get to know each other?" I smiled and nodded, I spotted an island a bit farther away then I expected.

I then looked back seeing almost nothing but a blur of the restaurant. "Hey see that island, I'll race ya." I said challengingly, she smirked. "Your on." She replied and I took off leaving her there, she soon started chasing after me. I watched her swiftly go past me, she is much faster than I am. I swung my tail in a wider range of motion and tried to catch up to her but it was no use. We finally got to the island, Taylor getting there a minute before me though.