Chapter Nine~ Close Call

TAYLORS POV

I am already packed and tomorrow morning we are all leaving. Its going to be me and Austin's 'crew'. I am really exited cause I have never been on vacation before! Its not like I can do anything though, besides suntan and shop. Cant really swim though... if you know what I mean :P

AUSTINS POV

I cant wait until tomorrow! This will be awesome! Especially since Taylor gets to come. I also will be able to do a bit of investigating. Sometimes I feel like she is always keeping secrets from me. We have known each other for  a while now but I feel like I don't really know her. Okay that didn't even make sense to me, but the point is she is very secretive.

And I have never really asked her about her past or anything. I just don't want to pressure her or make her not trust me. The whole crew should be here in a minute, they are all spending the night. We are planning to leave early tomorrow morning.

I walked downstairs and saw Taylor in a tank top and shorts. I couldn't help but stare, good thing she didn't see me. She never really wore that kind of stuff...

"Hey dudes!" I turned around to see the crew. "Sup man?" I asked high fiving them all.  They all looked at Taylor and she waved to them, we all smiled and walked up to my room.

"So Alex here tells us you got a little crush." Tyler said and they all laughed, I blushed and slapped Alex's head. "I am sure your glad Taylors coming with us." Zach commented and I nodded. "Taylor and her swimsuit." Alex said and I widened my eyes. I blushed and told them to shut up.

"Dang it I left my phone in the living room, brb." I said and ran down the stairs. I could hear them laughing and I walked into the living room. I grabbed my phone off the coffee table and walked back upstairs.

I walked in and saw all of them laughing and Alex was holding my journal reading it out loud. I rushed over and took it from him. "Dude why would you do that?" I asked and he laughed, I get its a joke but I am still a bit mad. I rolled my eyes and they all stopped laughing.

"Sorry dude... but don't you think that's a bit cheesy? 'Her eyes sparkle like the stars in the sky and her smile is as bright as the sun'" Rob said quoting from my journal and I blushed like mad. They all apologized and we got back to talking.

After a while of them teasing me we decided to go watch some TV.

It was around eleven or so. We walked in and I saw Taylor laying on the couch with her eyes closed. I smiled watching her. She was snuggled up to the blanket and was lightly snoring. Her hair was in a high ponytail which was pretty much ruined. I chuckled and all the guys came in and saw her.

"What are we gonna do? She's taking up the whole couch!" Tyler said throwing his hands in the air. "Why don't we let Romeo carry her up to her room?" Alex said with a smirk, I rolled my eyes and carefully picked her up bridal style. Her head rested on my chest and her breathing slowed. I watched her for a second before I began walking. I tried not to wake her up as I walked up the steps to her room. Her feet dangled and her arms were laying on her stomach.

I smiled as I placed her softly on her bed. I placed the covers over her and sat on the other side of the bed. I lightly slung my arm over her body and she scooted closer to me. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment. She would never do this awake but if the only way I get to hold her is when she's asleep, its an offer I will take. Her hands were soft but I knew I couldn't stay, I unwillingly got up as quiet as I could.

When I made sure she was asleep I kissed her cheek and walked out of the room closing her door.

"What took so long?" Zach asked as I came downstairs, I shrugged and sat on the chair. I felt my eye lids dropping as I lied there.