Chapter Twelve

"Your lying." He said in a soft tone. I shook my head and looked down. "I really cant handle this right now." I whispered and got up. I heard him call my name but I ignored it. I let few tears escape my eyes... how and why did this happen to me. I wish I could just be a different person, so I don't have to go through this pain. If it weren't for Jake I could be dating Austin. But then again if I didn't get kicked out of his home, then I would've never met Austin. And at the moment that seems the preferred option, if I had never met Austin I wouldn't be so hurt right now. I walked down the steps with my head down. I set my phone on the table and saw Alex give me a questioning look. "Bye." I said and walked over to the door but he stopped me. "Where are you going?" He asked in a worried tone. "I just need to get away for a while." I whispered and tears escaped my eyes. He tried to hug me but I snatched back and ran out the door. He called my name but I ignored it.

I started jogging down the sidewalk to get out of the neighborhood. All of my memories with Austin came back, us laughing together, hugging, that day when I read his journal. I should be smiling at those memories but instead it just made me want to cry more. I got out of the neighborhood and saw the street that lead to downtown. I spotted a skateboard tied to a bike rack... sorry for whoever's it is. I walked over and quickly untied the not. I grabbed the black skateboard and set it flat on the ground. I hopped on and began gliding down the street. The wind blew my hair in different directions and made my cheeks cold because of the tears. I rode downtown and saw a lot of teenagers hanging out. I stopped and looked at them, they looked like the kind of people I used to hang out with. The type of people that are just plain trouble. But I am over those days now... not going back to juvy that's for sure.

I picked up my skateboard and walked with it in my left hand. I kept my head down as I walked through the crowd of teenagers. "Look at that hottie!" One of them yelled and I rolled my eyes, they started whistling and I continued to walk. I turned and saw them all smirking at me, I again rolled my eyes and continued walking down the street. I bumped into someone and fell. I looked over and saw a girl with long blonde hair, she had brown eyes and a tiny nose. She was pretty short and she was wearing a snapback with a t-shirt and jean shorts. "Dude I' sorry." She said and I laughed. "Its fine." I said and she smiled. "What's your name? Haven't seen you around." She said. "Taylor." I replied and we both stood up. "I'm McKenna. Are you okay... you look like you've been crying." She said and I sighed. "Cause I have." I whispered and she gave me a sympathetic look. "Aww girly I am sorry. If you want you can hang out with me and my friends for a while." She said and I thought it over. "That would be awesome." I stated with a small smile, she patted my shoulder and told me to follow her. Then I realized her friends were the three boys that were standing near a café. "Guys this is Taylor. And Taylor that's Hunter, Will, and Logan." She said and they smirked at me. "Guess she just couldn't resist guys, she had to have us." Hunter said and I scoffed. "Yeah whatever. Leave her alone she's going to hang with us." McKenna said and I just nodded. "I certainly don't mind." Will said with a wink, I rolled my eyes and McKenna hit his arm. "Hey there's a party tonight, do you want to come with?" McKenna asked as we began walking. "Sure." I said and then though a second. "But I have nothing to wear." I replied and she sighed.

"Guys go do your own thing we are going to go get something to wear for the party." McKenna said and they said okay. "I don't have any money." I said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me to a store. She laughed and said don't worry about it. I was confused but went with it. "Okay lets see we need something cute, but not dressy. I can tell your not girly, neither am I..." She said and strung clothes all over the place. "Perfect." She said handing me a shirt. She then went and got me some jeans and a bracelet.  She got herself something and we went to the counter. She took out her wallet and paid for everything. "Dude I am going to pay you back." I said as we walked out of the store, she shrugged and I hopped on my skate board, riding beside her as we walked. I was currently wearing a black tank top and jeans with blue air jordans. We walked to the public bathrooms and she told me to change. I did so and I looked at myself in the mirror. "You look great!" She said, I loved it. It wasn't girly, but not plain. It was cute, yet simple. I could get used to this...