Chapter Nineteen

The next morning I woke up in Austin's bed. His arms were wrapped around me tightly, I giggled and tried to take his arm off of me, he groaned and I lightly kissed his nose before walking out of the room. Things have been complicated lately, and believe me or not, Alex hates me even more. I would have explained everything to him yesterday but Michele didn't exactly give me a chance... I went to go get in the tub in my room. I walked in and ran the water and took a look in the mirror. My lip was cut and there was a small bruise on my left cheek. But besides that there was nothing else, I think she was more damaged than me. I pulled my hair down from my ponytail and hung it loose. It was all knotted up, I haven't had a chance to bathe in a while. I took off my clothes and hopped into the tub. My tail immediately appeared and I relaxed in the warm water. Besides the whole Sarah thing, I think everything is going well. I still haven't figured out what she meant by revenge though. But hey whatever, I am pretty sure our little fight gave her the message not to mess with me. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes.

"Woah!" I heard a sleepy voice say, I turned and saw Austin at the door with his head down. "Austin it's fine." I said and he blushed, he looked up at me with a sleepy smile. "Sorry to invade but I woke up and was looking for you." He said and I nodded draining the water. "Could you help me? Normally this takes a while but if you help it wont take as long." I said and he furrowed his eyebrows. All the water was drained out and I motioned for him to come over to me. "Just help me onto the floor please." I said with a smile, he shrugged and helped me flip over.

"Well I will be downstairs, meet you down there?" He asked and I nodded, he kissed my cheek. "Love you." He said and I smiled. "Love you too." I replied and began to dry off. Once I was dry I combed out my hair and put it in a ponytail. I put on a white t-shirt and jeans, as always. After I was done I walked downstairs and saw Austin sitting on the couch. He looked at me awkwardly and I gave him a confused look, he moved his eyes across the room and I looked to where he was looking. Alex was sitting in the chair playing with his fingers and tapping his foot.

"Hey Alex." I said and he didn't move. I looked to Austin as if to ask him what to do and he just shrugged. After a long pause Alex spoke up. "Why did you do that Taylor?" He asked and looked up at me. "Alex she isn't a good person trust me. I don't know what she has against me but she just seems off." I admitted and he sighed. "I don't know either, I mean something is off. She just always makes these comments that I don't understand and she's just weird. I am really sorry that I doubted you but I think for now I should just break up with her." Alex said and I tried to fight back a smile. "Its okay, I am sorry too." I replied and he got up and hugged me. "I love you so much." He whispered and I said the same. In a friendly way, Austin joined and everything seemed to be back to normal.

"Well I am going to go work things out." He said and we waved as he left. I looked to Austin and smiled. "Finally everything is back to normal!" He yelled and hugged me, I laughed as he put me back on the floor. He kissed me and then we walked into the kitchen.

"Want to make breakfast?" I asked and he nodded. He turned on the radio and started singing along while dancing around the kitchen. I laughed and got out the eggs and stuff to make pancakes. "Yum! Pancakes, my favorite!" He said kissing my cheek. I giggled and started putting the eggs in the bowl. Austin stood beside me waiting, I grabbed the bag of flour and it wasn't open. I pulled the things and it still wouldn't open. I pulled harder and the next thing I know I see a white Austin. He stood there with his face scrunched up. I put my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing as he wiped some off of his face. "You have just started war!" He said and got the whip cream. He slowly started walking towards me and I put my hands up.

"Austin... think about what your doing." I said calmly backing up, I was soon pressed against the counter. He smirked and aimed for my face. Next thing I know I am covered in whip cream from head to toe. I screeched and jumped on his back pouring chocolate milk over his head. Somebody is gonna need a shower... I laughed and snaked my arms around his neck. He grabbed the syrup and started putting it all over my clothes.

I finally went to my last resort... eggs. I grabbed the carton and out one in each hand. "Okay! Okay! I give up, lets call it a truce?" He said desperately, I sighed and nodded. He smiled and turned around, I smirked and threw it at his back. "Now its a truce." I said and he laughed. I took a look at the kitchen and laughed. It was a wreck, syrup was dripping onto the floor from the counter and flour was all over the floor.

"Well... no pancakes I guess." Austin said sadly and frowned, I put my hands on my hips. "And on a lesser note! The kitchen is a complete disaster!" I yelled and gave him a serious look, he looked me in the eye and we just burst out laughing. We both started cleaning up and I fell a couple off times. We were both washed up and sitting at the table talking when we heard the front door open. I assume it was Michele so I didn't bother looking. "Echem." Someone cleared their throat, Austin and I snapped our heads towards the noise. My heart rate quickened when I saw Sarah standing there with Alex looking down at the ground.

"Just because Alex broke up with me doesn't mean I cant get revenge you know." She said and Alex gave me and apologetic look. I stood up and so did Austin. "What do you want?" I asked her crossing my arms, she bitterly laughed. "How many times do I have to tell you? Foster children... pure stupidity." She remarked and I gritted my teeth. Austin grabbed my hand and I relaxed. "I want revenge. And I am about to get it." She said with an evil smirk. "Revenge for what!" Austin yelled and she was taken back, she stepped forward and put her hand on his chest. "Don't you remember Austin?" She asked and he tensed up. She kicked him in the shin and had a bitter look on her face again.

"I was the nerd that you never noticed. Do you know how long I had a crush on you? Six years! I thought once I changed my looks you would notice, but you still didn't. Well guess what, if I cant have you no one can!" She yelled and a look of realization appeared on his face.  I scoffed and she turned her attention towards me.

"Are you that desperate? Austin would never leave me. Nothing you do or anybody else does can tear us apart." I said and looked at Austin. He smiled and blushed. Sarah rolled her eyes. "He may not leave you but what happens when you leave him?" Sarah asked and I again was confused.

"What are you-" I started but she interrupted. "You'll see. I hope you didn't get too attached." She said with a smirk, with that she walked out of the house. We all stayed silent. What could she have planned? Now I am suddenly scared. Austin came over to me and hugged me tightly while kissing my forehead.

"Taylor nothing is going to happen. It will all be okay." He assured, I nodded and looked over to Alex. He had his head down, I went over to him and put my hand on his shoulder, he looked up at me and I saw a tear stream down his cheek. I hugged him and he hugged back. Once we pulled away I kneeled next to him.

"I know that you really liked Sarah and I am sorry but there is someone out there for you I promise." I said and he smiled whispering a thanks. I smiled and patted his back. Austin gave him a few encouraging words too and we sat in silence. The door opened again and we looked up and saw Michele. Her expression was a mix of sadness and anger. Austin gave her a confused look and she put her hands on her hips.

"Myself and the foster care department have gotten and anonymous tip saying that you and Austin were dating." She said sternly, I looked into her eyes and saw some dullness. Like she was sorry she had to say it. Austin and I looked at each other with our mouths hanging open. This is bad. Not bad but... BAD! You know...