Chapter Eighteen

"Austin... can I talk to you?" I said as I walked into his room, he didn't look at me he just nodded. I had to get all this sorted out, I decided to just tell him the things she's said. "Listen I know your mad at me but could you please just let me explain?" I asked with hope in my voice, his face softened and he came up and hugged me. I was confused at first but hugged back. "Taylor I am not mad, I am just confused." Austin stated and I sighed, we sat on the bed and I drew in my breath. "When we were at the movies she told me stuff like, 'Austin is too good for you' and that she will get revenge. I don't know exactly what the last part means..." I trailed off and he nodded in with a confused face. "Then yesterday when she was talking to me she said that stuff again and then she almost said that you don't even love me, but in the middle of it I slapped her." I said looking down at my lap. He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head and I let myself relax in his arms. "I believe you... but why would she want revenge?" He asked and I shrugged. "But I have a feeling she's just using Alex." I replied and he sighed at the mention of him.

"Tay when he said he hated you, he didn't mean it. He could never hate you, he loves you cause your one of his best friends." Austin assured and I let a small smile creep onto my face. "You know who else loves you?" He asked with a smirk, I looked up at him and smiled. "Who?" I asked with a giggle. "Me." He said giving me a peck on the lips, he chuckled and we sat there for a minute in silence. "Should we tell him?" I asked and Austin stayed silent. What if I tell him and he doesn't believe me, then he will just hate me more. I mentally slapped myself, I hopped out of Austin's arms.

"Where are you going?" Austin asked and I turned around. "Well we have to tell Alex." I said and he shook his head coming towards me. "No! It's not out problem." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean its not your problem, he is your best friend and mine too. Think about it, if it were you would you want him to tell you?" I asked sinking into my left hip, he thought about it and then nodded in defeat. "Your always right." He said and I chuckled. We walked over to Alex's house and Austin walked in first. The door was unlocked and Alex wasn't downstairs so we figured he was in his room.

"Alex?" Austin called as we walked into his room. "Oh hey bro" He said when Austin walked in, then I slowly and awkwardly stepped in. "Taylor what are you doing here?" He asked with a disgusted face, I felt my heart sink but refused to let it effect me. He scoffed and looked to Austin. "What do you want?" He asked rudely. "Alex we need to talk to you." I butted in and he waved his hand in the air. "If your here to apologize don't bother." He said and I groaned as me and Austin said down.

"Alex we think that Sarah is just using you." I said and he looked at us in disbelief. "Yeah, Taylor was telling me about the things she said to her and that's why she hit Sarah, because she was saying mean things to her." Austin said and Alex shot up. "Why would you lie to me! Why don't you want me to be happy? But really Austin, do you really believe her?" Austin asked throwing his hands in the air. "I wouldn't lie about this." I stated through gritted teeth and he turned towards me.

"How am I supposed to know that? Your always keeping secrets and lying to us!" He said and I gaped, his face softened. "I didn't tell you about my past because it was none of your business! You know what? Go ahead! Hate me, I am done with you!" I said and stormed out of the house, I stopped and all I heard was silence, I scoffed and opened the door then slammed it. I went outside and started walking back to the house, until I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and saw Sarah smirking at me. Oh great.

"Did you tell?" She asked and I tensed up. "Yeah. He didn't believe me though." I said and she laughed. "Of course he didn't, he hates you. Remember?" She asked and I gritted my teeth. "But this is all part of revenge. I really don't have anything against you, its Austin I am after." She said and I was suddenly confused. "Excuse me?" I asked and she laughed again, I rolled my eyes.

"Speaking of Austin, I don't know why he's dating you... your just an ugly foster girl. Like I've said before, he's too good for someone like you. This world would be better off without you. So would Austin. In fact I think Austin would be better off with... me." She whispered and I stepped back. "Are you scared?" She asked, I shook my head, cause I really wasn't. I am just waiting for the right time.

"I always get what I want. And I want Austin." She said giving me and evil eye... "He will never be yours." I said with a smirk, I was about to walk away when she grabbed my shoulder again, I turned around and punched her in the jaw. She balled up her fist and threw a punch but I dodged it. I took my foot and jammed it into her stomach. She stumbled back but surprisingly, quickly recovered. Her fist collided with my chin and I pushed her to the ground. She screamed and out of the corner of my eye I saw Austin and Alex coming outside. I pinned her down and slapped her over and over, each time she cried out in pain. I felt arms pull me up and a feminine voice yelling for me to stop. I tried to get out of Austin's grip but I couldn't, I was breathing heavily and Sarah was pretty much knocked out.

"Taylor!" I turned and saw Michele with a terrified look, I looked to Austin who had a worried look on his face. Alex was on the ground crying next to Sarah. Michele grabbed my arm and motioned for Austin to come. I don't know what happened with Alex and Sarah but Michele was mad. She threw me on the couch and Austin sat beside me awkwardly. "What was that about!!" She yelled in my ear and I flinched. "I knew you were trouble! I should've never taken you in!" She yelled and that hurt bad, my heart sunk again and I let a tear slip out. Austin grabbed my hand and stood up. "Mom don't say that!" Austin yelled and he face turned red. "Shut up Austin! As for you, Taylor, I am calling your social worker to put this on your record." She said and I stood up grabbing her arm. She yanked it away and I cried. "Please don't! Go ahead, call but please don't switch me! I cant leave, this is where I feel safe!" I pleaded and her face softened. "Fine but its going on your record." She said and walked off. I hugged Austin and he kissed my head. "I love you." He whispered, I nuzzled into his chest. "I love you too. And I am sorry." I said and he nodded. Little did I know that, that wasn't the end of Sarah. And I wouldn't be staying here much longer...