Chapter Twenty Three

Recap:

"Please Taylor I would do anything for you! I would take a bullet for you, I love you more than anything." I pleaded while crying. "I cant do this." She said and started walking off and I turned around to face her. She was walking across the street. "Taylor wait!" I yelled and she turned around while standing in the middle of the street.

"Austin I said not now!" She yelled and as she was turning around I saw a car speeding down the road. I didn't even think I ran towards her and pushed her out of the way onto the grass. But it was to late for me, in one second everything went black....

TAYLORS POV

Everything went by so quickly, one second I was standing there in shock watching a car speeding towards me and then the next thing I know I was knocked over into the grass. I caught my breath and took time to process everything. I wasn't hit I was pushed out of the way. I looked into the street and my heart stopped. Austin was laying there not moving a muscle. I didn't take one second to sit there. I ran towards him and fell beside him shaking him.

"Austin, Austin get up!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face. He didn't move and I began to panic. I felt him for a pulse and he had one, I don't know where Alex is.

"Austin I am so sorry I love you!" I said through tears, I shook him and shook him. "Alex!" I yelled but nothing happened. I cant just leave him, I yelled Alex's name again but nothing. Then I heard the sound of heels clicking.

"Taylor I heard you yelling whats wrong?" I turned and saw Michele, she saw Austin and her face went pale. "I-I... it just was so quick and I don't know..." I could even get any words out. Michele quickly pulled out her phone and dialed 911. She had tears streaming down her cheeks as she spoke to the operator.

"They are on their way." She said kneeling next to me. "I cant lose him." I whispered and Michele rubbed my back. We soon heard the police and ambulance sirens. Michele and I stood aside crying while Austin was being loaded into the ambulance quickly. I felt like I had no tears left. I was just emotionless, yet dying inside.

As soon as they left Michele and I ran to her car and started driving towards the hospital. The only sound as we drove was that of Michele crying. I just sat looking straight ahead at the road. This can not be happening. He will be okay. He has to be. He cant die. I cant loose him.

Once we arrived Michele and I ran into the hospital. "My son he just got hit by a car." She said in one breath and the lady gave us a sympathetic look. "Please go sit in the waiting room." She said and I sighed crossing my arms and walking over to the waiting room with a frantic Michele. We sat down and she prayed with her head in her hands.

I watched her as a single tear streamed down my face. After an hour of just sitting there a tall man with brown hair came up to us. He looked to be around- eh who cares the point is he was a doctor.

"Are Miss Mahone?" He asked in a deep voice, she nodded with a hopeful look. "Well your son is in... critical condition." He started and she cried a bit more before he went on. "When he was hit the car broke four of his ribs. And when he landed on the ground he hit his head pretty hard. Also he has a broken foot and lots of cuts and bruises. And sadly... at the moment he is in a coma." He finished and I looked at him in shock.

"How long will he be in a coma?" I asked and he shook his head while crossing his arms. "Not long, we have already done surgery on his head and his ribs should heal in about another week. A week or two is what we expect." He replied and with that he walked off. "Michele this is all my fault." I admitted and she looked at me shocked and shook her head. "No sweetie, its not. Okay? Everything happens for a reason." She said with a small smile. I sighed as she hugged me.

After an hour we were allowed to go see him. I let Michele go first while I called Alex and the guys about what happened. Alex didn't have much to say, he was in pure shock just like the rest of us.

Michele came back in the waiting room after twenty minutes and motioned for me to go in. I stood up and could barely hold myself up cause my knees were shaking. I slowly walked down the hospital hallways. Everything was so dull, the walls were white, the floor was white. Nurses and doctors waltzed through the halls carrying papers and rolling people in on hospital beds. But most of all everyone was crying. Outside every hospital room I saw people crying on each other's shoulders and praying. It just made me cringe while walking through the halls and taking in the scenery.

I finally reached it... room 207. I stopped and hesitated, I squeezed my eyes shut and put my hand on the doorknob. It all flashed in my eyes, seeing Austin lie there on the ground, watching him barely breathing. I quickly took my hand off and it all went away. I took a deep breath as a tear streamed down my face. I regained my composure and finally mustered the courage to open the door. In one swift movement I swung the door open. I stepped in shutting in behind me.

I slowly turned my body around and saw Austin. His skin was pale and he was hooked up to a heart monitor and all sorts of machines. There were needles in his arms and bruises covered his body. A cast covered his left foot and a bandage was placed on the left of his forehead with blood stains seeping through. My heart stopped as I took in his appearance. I forced my feet to walk towards him, and with each step more tears came.

I finally was standing beside him. I reached my hand out and touched his, I felt more calmed. I caressed the top of his hand listening to the sound of the heart monitor and his slow but steady breathing. "I am so sorry." I whispered with a whimper following it. I kissed his hand and fell to my knees.

"I am so so so so so sorry. I wish I could take it all back, everything I said, everything that happened tonight. I love you." I cried out, I looked to him and he was still motionless. If only money could buy a time machine...