Chapter Thirty Two (Last Chapter)

Taylor's P/O/V

  Last night I couldn’t sleep; no surprise there. With all that has happened in the last 24 hours, I am sure you understand. I haven’t really spoken to anyone, after everything that happened no one talked; we all just went into our rooms and didn’t come out, until this morning.

All night I was drowning in my thoughts, and so was everyone else (Most likely). It’s just pure shock to me that Alex did that. My best friend betrayed me and was going behind my back with my worst enemy! Can you imagine that? Well let me tell you, it’s not fun, at all. But you have to move on from things, and it’s hard at times.

I am not going to burden you with my problems though, at the moment. I could sit here for days and give millions of examples about how hard my life is, but I don’t support self pity.  When you take the time to think about how horrible your life is, then the worse it gets. But, if you focus on the good in life you’ll feel better about your life, and yourself.

“Taylor?” A familiar voice cooed through my shut door, I opened my eyes a bit and slowly made my way out of the large, comfy bed.

“Yeah?” I asked, opening the door.  Michele walked in and gave me a small smile, I shut the door behind her and she sat down on the bed. I walked over and sat down awkwardly, waiting for her to say something.

“Well, I know you’re tired of getting lectures and having these talks, but I feel we need to discuss what has been going on.” She replied putting a hand on my bare shoulder, I nodded and bit my lower lip.

“Things have been complicated, and I understand that. All this drama has gotten to everyone, but you and Austin need to talk it out.” Michele said, I again, nodded. My hands fidgeted and I let out a breath.

“I know we do… Should I confront him now, or later?” I asked standing up, Michele followed my actions and she smiled a bit. “Better do it soon.” I sighed and walked out of my bedroom and looked around the hotel room.

My eyes landed on Austin’s bedroom door which was shut, and my heart skipped a beat.  I don’t know why I was so nervous, it’s not like Austin did anything wrong. The only ones who are guilty of that is Alex and Sarah…

I stopped stalling and began walking towards his room, I wrapped my fingers around the door knob and took in a deep breath. After a long pause, I swiftly pushed the door open, and I didn’t see anything. The hotel rooms have no windows, only Alyssa’s, and Austin had the lights off so it was dark.

“Austin?” I asked quietly shutting the door behind me. “Taylor is that you?” His slightly deep and raspy voice said, I nodded but realized he couldn’t see me in the darkness. “Yes… it is.” I replied finding my way in the black, I soon reached his bed and I slowly and cautiously sat on it.

Suddenly the lamp came on and I saw Austin in the dim light, leaning against the headboard. I smiled a bit but he did not repeat my actions.

“I’m sorry.” He said after a long pause, I furrowed my eyebrows. “Why? You did nothing wrong.” I said, scooting closer to him, he shook his head. “No, I mean I’m sorry all this happened. “ He stated, I shrugged.

“Well it’s okay. All things happen for a reason, but I agree this has been quite dramatic.” I replied lightly, added a chuckle at the end. “We are okay right?” Austin asked, referring, I suppose, to our relationship. I let a smile creep onto my face.   “Of course!” I replied kissing his cheek, he actually smiled this time.

“So what now?” I asked leaning on his shoulder, he kissed the top of my head. “What do you mean?”

“I mean like, what do we do now?" I replied, he sighed and his chest rose and fell beneath me. "I don't know, we will figure it out. But I think we need a break for a while..." He trailed off and I shut my eyes tightly.