Chapter Twenty Five

The doctor explained everything to us. Yes, Austin has amnesia. But its not permanent, in fact the doctor said that it will only last a couple days. We are supposed to be showing him pictures and tell him about his life that will hopefully help him regain his memory. But basically he doesn't remember anything from the past. So moving on...

"Taylor could you take Austin to the car while I sign some papers?" Michele asked, I nodded helping a confused Austin to the car. He doesn't know what's really going on because we didn't have any time to explain. Once Michele got here she immediately decided it was time for him to come home. Everyday we have to give him pain killers though for his ribs and his head. Supposedly he should be having some bad headaches for a while, but he did get a concussion so what do you expect?

As soon as we got to the car I opened the back door and helped him in, I took his crutches and set them on the floor and shut the door. I walked around to the other side and hopped in. We sat there awkwardly.

"Who are you again?" He asked, I never got the chance to tell him. "Taylor... your girl-" I quickly stopped looking down awkwardly. I didn't know what to say, technically I am still dating Alex. And Austin and I never got back together... in fact that's how all of this happened. I played with my fingers as he looked confused.

"So your name is Taylor but how do we know each other?" He asked scratching the back of his head. It was kind of funny though how clueless he was. When we were brining him out of the hospital he claimed that he lived in Mexico. Yeah he is pretty out of it.

I scrunched up my forehead releasing a sigh. What is the point of explaining it all if he is going to remember everything soon. "Never mind." I said and he was about to say something but stopped himself.  Soon Michele got into the car and smiled at us. "So how do you feel?" She asked Austin, I looked over to him waiting for an answer.

"My head hurts like a bit-" He started but his mom glared at him. "Language." She snapped, with a sigh she pulled out of the parking lot and Austin chuckled a bit. I smirked and playfully punched his shoulder. He smiled a bit, it least he is the same old Austin. Michele got a call saying that all of the 'crew' were going to be over at the house.

I just realized I never really got to know Zach, Tyler, and Robert. Now's my chance though! I wonder if they even remember me. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Michele let out a groan and banged her head on the steering wheel. "What's wrong?" I asked confused, she rubbed her forehead as we pulled up to a stoplight.

"Paparazzi." She said and I understood. I looked back and saw a bunch of black cars following us. I rolled my eyes as Austin shot questions at us. "Why would the paparazzi be following us?!" He asked throwing his hands in the air, Michele was busy trying to get away from them and I was helping her by telling her where to go. We really couldn't answer any questions at the moment.

"I repeat! Why are they following us!" Austin yelled and I turned towards him frustrated. "Because your famous!" I yelled, he looked shocked for a minute then smiled. "Sweet." He said smiling, I rolled my eyes and after ten minutes we finally got back to the house. We had found a route where the paparazzi couldn't get to, even though we almost had a car accident; it was worth it.

I let out a sigh of relief as we neared his house. I saw a bunch of cars parked outside the house. Michele got out and went inside expecting me to help Austin out of the car. I grabbed his crutches and he slung his arm over my shoulder as I helped him to the ground. I handed him his crutches and helped balance him as we walked inside his house. Once we got in I saw four guys heading towards us. I moved out of the way and they all hugged Austin.

"Who are you?" Austin asked them, they knew he had amnesia so it wasn't a shock to them. Surprisingly they all huddled up and began whispering, after a minute they all pulled away and looked at Austin with a smirk.