Chapter Thrity One

I turned around, and Austin wasn't chasing after me. I was relieved but at the same time hurt. Was I not worth it? Maybe I am not...

I slowed my pace, to where I was just jogging. I could feel tears on my cheek and I felt my mascara running. If he is going to cheat on me, then why do it tonight? Well the real question is why would he cheat on me?

I sighed and tried to hold back tears. I slowly walked back to the hotel, hoping to find Alex. I felt a pain in my feet and realized I was running in heels. For at least a mile. I leaned over to take them off and I held both in my left hand.

The streets were starting to empty a bit, everyone was leaving on the subway and heading back to their homes. But the streets were still busy, very busy. Car horns were all that I could hear, and an occasional screech of tires.

Finally, I reached the hotel. I walked in, trying to avoid looking up from the ground. I probably look like a mess. My life has turned out to be a bad romance story...

I stepped into the elevator and frowned. I pressed our floor and waited patiently.

The only thing running through my mind was: This cant be happening

But it is, this is reality. And sadly, reality is full of heartbreak. Love isn't easy, that's for sure.

I heard the bell ding and I stepped out, I groggily walked down the hallway and looked for our room number. Once I reached it I stepped in and just let the tears fall. It was like a tsunami, I heard footsteps and looked up, although I could barely see anything through my blurred vision.

"Taylor?" A familiar voice asked, I wiped my tears and saw Alex standing in front of me with an un-readable expression on his face. I instantly wrapped my arms around his waist and he tensed up, he soon relaxed and out his long arms around my small frame.

"W-What happened?" He asked in a soft tone, almost as if he didn't want to ask. I put my head on his chest. "I-I saw Austin... kissing Sarah." I managed to choke out, he let out a deep sigh and stroked my hair. We stayed like that for a minute, until he cleared his throat.

"Uh, Taylor there is something I have to tell you." He whispered the last part, I pulled away from the hug and looked at him confused. I wasn't sobbing anymore, just a tear here and there. Alex grabbed my hand and sat me down on the couch.

"Austin didn't kiss Sarah. Sarah kissed him, it was all a set up." Alex stated waiting for my reaction. I was suddenly confused, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How do you know?" I replied suspiciously, I took a step away from him and he slowly stood up. "B-Because Tay, I set it up, it was my idea." I clenched my teeth and stared at him intently, he tried to grab my arm but I coldly shook it off.

"I was being selfish. Taylor, I just wanted you to myself." He looked down at the ground, my heart skipped a beat as I heard his words.  I wasn't sure what to say; I was speechless.

"Alex how could you?"

"Taylor I am really s-"

"Just save it." I interrupted him. We stayed silent, I didn't know what to do, really.

I cant go anywhere else besides here. Especially since its so late. I cant believe Alex would do that.... we are best friends.

"Please Taylor just hear me out." He said, pain was evident in his eyes and his actions. I pondered his plead for a second, part of me knew that I should just listen to what he has to say.

"Fine, but don't waist my time." I replied wiping another tear, I am sure I look like a wreck.

"I just wanted you. I guess I was jealous of Austin, I have always liked you and you know that. But it was tonight, right before all this happened, that I realized you and Austin are meant to be together. Again, I am extremely sorry for doing this. But don't blame it on Austin, he did nothing wrong." Alex finished with a sad expression, I nodded my head and avoided eye contact.